2017 Orioles Draft Tracker

Did 18 rd HS Jacob Brown tell us our draft strategy?  Read this,

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/hsxtra/baseball/northeast-guilford-s-jacob-brown-ready-to-start-pro-baseball/article_69bd9db4-5147-11e7-a22d-87d7c94da09c.html

They told me they wanted to get me in the 12th- to 15th-(round range), but they had to get some senior signings out of the way,” Brown said. “Right before the 18th round, they called and said, ‘Get ready. It’s your turn.’ I was just ecstatic.

If he's talking about Sr. signs then that must mean we're offering him more than the 100k you can offer a guy without touching your bonus pool in rounds 11-40.  Glad we're not waiting for Hall to sign to go after some of these HS overslot guys in rounds 11-40.  

Brown may get more than $100k, but I wouldn't read too much into that quote.  The Os may have spoken to him at the end of Day 2 or early in Day 3 and explained why they were not drafting him at that time, where they intended to take him, but had to draft the senior signs in the bottom half of the first 10 rounds.  Every credible article I have read on the Os draft has Jones and Allen as the two biggest signings with the savings from senior signs - though I do like the Stauffer pitcher signed out of PA - big body, lhp, maybe there is something projectable or to work on there.

6 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

The guy I really hope they ink is Jason Willow 24th rd SS from Canada.

Wow - two Canadian SS!  Then we have the HS'er Greg Jones who might be available if we have the $$.  Last year we drafted the kid from PR, Torres and another kid was being touted (forget name RZ knows).  Hopefully, one of them works out.

7 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Wow - two Canadian SS!  Then we have the HS'er Greg Jones who might be available if we have the $$.  Last year we drafted the kid from PR, Torres and another kid was being touted (forget name RZ knows).  Hopefully, one of them works out.

And here I was doubting their involvement in the international market.

• Upvote 4

So per the article:  we have not signed picks:  

1, 2, 4, 5, 16, 17, 19, 24, 26, 35, 37, 38, 39, & 40. 

Off to a good start, but still a lot of talent to bring to the table. Interested in finding out the $. But will probably have to wait until the end to help with negotiations. Unless the players individually release their signing amounts. 

11 minutes ago, csgordos said:

So per the article:  we have not signed picks:  

1, 2, 4, 5, 16, 17, 19, 24, 26, 35, 37, 38, 39, & 40. 

Off to a good start, but still a lot of talent to bring to the table. Interested in finding out the $. But will probably have to wait until the end to help with negotiations. Unless the players individually release their signing amounts. 

Yep, signed the college kids.  According to opening post of this thread, 4 and 5 are signed.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hall signed?

I can't find anything that says that Adam Hall signed.  There are a few articles out there that say he's leaving his Texas A&M commitment and will sign with us, but I don't know that the signing has happened yet officially.  He still has to work through getting his work visa, etc too once he signs so he may take a little longer to formally announce.