Changes Needed Now

section18

The hitting coach and pitching coach both need to be replaced immediately.  Brady Anderson should take over for the rest of the season and we'll evaluate things during the off season. He will institute more film study of opposing pitchers and do testing of hitting situations.  Constant reminders what to do when they go up to the plate.  Situational hitting with men on third and no out or one out. More small ball to create scoring opportunities. McDowell needs to be replaced and Scott McGregor needs to join the team immediately and compare notes with former teammates Jim Palmer and Rick Dempsey.  Palmer for years has said the Oriole pitchers do not run enough.  They are not in top condition and rarely get past the 5th inning. Again more mental work by the pitchers and studying game film. Maybe a new policy. If you can't get Longoria out walk him. If you can't get Judge out walk him. If you can't get Betts out walk him. On and on with every team. Our advance scouts obviously don't know how to pitch to these guys so just walk them. Springer with Houston, JD Martinez with Detroit, Morales and Donaldson with Toronto, Moustakas and Hosmer with KC and on and on. Walk them. All Oriole killers. They are all good hitters but they don't hit .500 against other teams like they seem to do against us.

They need to hire new advance scouts and release the current scouts.  Our scouting opposing hitters and their pitchers is pathetic. No alibis or excuses.

Ubaldo should be dealt for an A or AA prospect to a team in the National League where he has had the most success. If not possible he should be released before the week is over. His smile through the good and bad has worn on everybody. He's a major drain on team morale.

Miley does not want to be here in my opinion.  He does everything right according to the coaches and catchers.  He warms up great and can't get past the second or third inning. Doubtful you can get a minor league player for him.  Off the team by the weekend.

Who replaces them? Pitchers we obtain in trades for the following; O'Day, Brach, Kim, Rickard, maybe Britton depending on the return. Chris Davis does have value.  I would explore any possible deal for him and pay part of his salary. Manny will never sign with the Orioles. His body language says it all. He hit's a HR and knocks in a few runs here and there. He is going to be a NYY after his contract expires or a Dodger. If he goes  to NY he won't be the best hitter on the team. Will his Ego be able to handle that? Maybe the Dodgers? Who else will be able to afford him? Having to move out of the huge apartment he was renting in downtown has probably played a little role in some of his being off his game this season. I believe he was renting the Clancy complex in the Inner Harbor that just sold a few months ago to the agent for Kevin Spacey - House of Cards star. Some think it's going to be Spacey's home but reports say it's his agent who bought the house. Probably for him. I don't know where Manny moved but it probably bothered him.  He's now up to $11.5 million in salary this season. Almost a million a month.  How does a 24 year old handle that kind of money? Rumors he will get over $30 million a year soon has got to be staggering for him mentally. It's in the team' s best interest to move him in a blockbuster deal.  Maybe including some of the players I mentioned above like Brach or Britton, Rickard, etc.

Changes are needed soon. The Orioles have decent advance ticket sales for the rest of the season but it's only early July.  Already there is more Ravens talk and training camp starts in a couple of weeks. If they fall to 10 to 12 games out in the next few weeks the fans will start drifting away. I'm a season ticket holder and have already eaten tickets for three games in the past month because I could not give them away or find anyone that wanted to go.

The big question is a new GM in order soon and is DD the right guy to make these moves?

How many years can we blame pitching coaches and hitting coaches for us being unable to get on base or unable to get quality outings from our starters?

Its beyond them now, this is on Buck and Dan but mostly Dan. Our historically bloated payroll and total lack of pitching is hard to fathom.

With the hitters, it's the way this team is built.  Switching hitting coaches won't change anything.  This is a high strikeout, low walk team that swings for the fences.  That won't change until the Orioles try to bring in players who don't always swing for the long ball.

And stop spending big $$$ for pitchers like Miley and Gallardo who are mediocre on their best day.  Aquino can give you similar results for a fraction of the price. 

I agree completely. How does ownership allow DD to continue this non stop dumpster diving?  There have been several key mistakes made by DD and ownership that caused many of our current problems.  The biggest mistake was making the trade for Andrew Miller and then letting him walk without trying to sign him. This literally sickened me and I can hardly watch AM when he faces us because he plays with us and usually strikes out the side when he faces us.  I've never heard the real reason why we didn't sign a lights out closer like him. He could have co-existed with Britton or we could have dealt one of them like smart teams.  Signing Ubaldo and not going the extra year and money for Ervin Santana was another really upsetting move and the Chris Davis signing I never understood.  Why pay a guy that much money who has a terrible strike out history and needs medication to perform.

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

The ushers are also not helping the team win. You should add their sorry butts to your list too. Replace, replace, replace. 

The way things are going they won't need as many next season.  I'm thinking you could get by with just replace, replace.

9 hours ago, section18 said:

The hitting coach and pitching coach both need to be replaced immediately.  Brady Anderson should take over for the rest of the season and we'll evaluate things during the off season. He will institute more film study of opposing pitchers and do testing of hitting situations.  Constant reminders what to do when they go up to the plate.  Situational hitting with men on third and no out or one out. More small ball to create scoring opportunities. McDowell needs to be replaced and Scott McGregor needs to join the team immediately and compare notes with former teammates Jim Palmer and Rick Dempsey.  Palmer for years has said the Oriole pitchers do not run enough.  They are not in top condition and rarely get past the 5th inning. Again more mental work by the pitchers and studying game film. Maybe a new policy. If you can't get Longoria out walk him. If you can't get Judge out walk him. If you can't get Betts out walk him. On and on with every team. Our advance scouts obviously don't know how to pitch to these guys so just walk them. Springer with Houston, JD Martinez with Detroit, Morales and Donaldson with Toronto, Moustakas and Hosmer with KC and on and on. Walk them. All Oriole killers. They are all good hitters but they don't hit .500 against other teams like they seem to do against us.

They need to hire new advance scouts and release the current scouts.  Our scouting opposing hitters and their pitchers is pathetic. No alibis or excuses.

Ubaldo should be dealt for an A or AA prospect to a team in the National League where he has had the most success. If not possible he should be released before the week is over. His smile through the good and bad has worn on everybody. He's a major drain on team morale.

Miley does not want to be here in my opinion.  He does everything right according to the coaches and catchers.  He warms up great and can't get past the second or third inning. Doubtful you can get a minor league player for him.  Off the team by the weekend.

Who replaces them? Pitchers we obtain in trades for the following; O'Day, Brach, Kim, Rickard, maybe Britton depending on the return. Chris Davis does have value.  I would explore any possible deal for him and pay part of his salary. Manny will never sign with the Orioles. His body language says it all. He hit's a HR and knocks in a few runs here and there. He is going to be a NYY after his contract expires or a Dodger. If he goes  to NY he won't be the best hitter on the team. Will his Ego be able to handle that? Maybe the Dodgers? Who else will be able to afford him? Having to move out of the huge apartment he was renting in downtown has probably played a little role in some of his being off his game this season. I believe he was renting the Clancy complex in the Inner Harbor that just sold a few months ago to the agent for Kevin Spacey - House of Cards star. Some think it's going to be Spacey's home but reports say it's his agent who bought the house. Probably for him. I don't know where Manny moved but it probably bothered him.  He's now up to $11.5 million in salary this season. Almost a million a month.  How does a 24 year old handle that kind of money? Rumors he will get over $30 million a year soon has got to be staggering for him mentally. It's in the team' s best interest to move him in a blockbuster deal.  Maybe including some of the players I mentioned above like Brach or Britton, Rickard, etc.

Changes are needed soon. The Orioles have decent advance ticket sales for the rest of the season but it's only early July.  Already there is more Ravens talk and training camp starts in a couple of weeks. If they fall to 10 to 12 games out in the next few weeks the fans will start drifting away. I'm a season ticket holder and have already eaten tickets for three games in the past month because I could not give them away or find anyone that wanted to go.

The big question is a new GM in order soon and is DD the right guy to make these moves?

So Ubaldo smiling is a problem? Wow! I have read that he is a nice guy.  There is plenty of blame to go around. 

13 hours ago, section18 said:

Ubaldo should be dealt for an A or AA prospect to a team in the National League, where he has had the most success. If not possible he should be released before the week is over. His smile through the good and bad has worn on everybody. He's a major drain on team morale.

4 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

So Ubaldo smiling is a problem? Wow! I have read that he is a nice guy. There is plenty of blame to go around. 

o

If there is one thing about this team that I could change, it would Jimenez and his smile.

Nevermind what I had preciously stated about the extreme differences in his extra rest vs. regular rest splits over the last year and-a-half. That never-ending smile of his really needs to go.

o

39 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

If there is one thing about this team that I could change, it would Jimenez and his smile.

Nevermind what I had preciously stated about the extreme differences in his extra rest vs. regular rest splits over the last year and-a-half. That never-ending smile of his really needs to go.

o

Why is his smiling so offensive to some?  That may be his demeanor.  You want him to look like a bull dog chewing nails? 

15 hours ago, section18 said:

Ubaldo should be dealt for an A or AA prospect to a team in the National League, where he has had the most success. If not possible, he should be released before the week is over. His smile through the good and bad has worn on everybody. He's a major drain on team morale.

5 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

So Ubaldo smiling is a problem? Wow! I have read that he is a nice guy. There is plenty of blame to go around. 

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

43 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why is his smiling so offensive to some? That may be his demeanor. You want him to look like a bull dog chewing nails? 

o

Malike ........ I need a little help here.

o

Archived