You Have To Start Somewhere

section18

The team has to replace the pitching coach NOW! Not tomorrow! NOW!

19 runs in two games is not acceptable. Fire the advance scouts. NOW! We don't need them. We wake up the hitters with every team we face. Not needed apparently.

Replace the hitting coach. NOW ! Make Brady Anderson interim hitting coach. 

Many fans are leaving OP after games this weekend really upset. This can't continue!

As many have said........this team is hard to watch.  What is DD doing? Hopefully exploring every possible trade. If Buck won't do it DD should fire McDowell and Coolbaugh.

7 hours ago, section18 said:

19 runs in two games is not acceptable. Fire the advance scouts. NOW! We don't need them. We wake up the hitters with every team we face. Not needed apparently.

Many fans are leaving OP after games this weekend really upset. This can't continue!

As many have said........this team is hard to watch.  What is DD doing? Hopefully exploring every possible trade. If Buck won't do it DD should fire McDowell and Coolbaugh.

How does Buck keep his job in your scenario?

The team is 42-48, five games behind both the Yankees and Tampa for the wild card spots and eight games behind      the first place Red Sox. Further, this is Buck's worst defensive team during his tenure ( Did this team work on run downs during spring training?) and generally lacks discipline. ( Manny nice job of running the team out of the first inning with that attempted steal of third with one out and a left handed hitter at the plate.)

While I don't think it would or should happen, the manager generally takes the fall in         situations like this.

Of all the people you list, Brady Anderson would be the one to clean out his desk. ( I mean locker.) Thanks to his off season meddling he cost the services of Wallace ( potential roving instructor) and Chiti ( potential pitching coach). Gausman and others made strides under their tutelage and I think that the Orioles pitching staff may have benefitted from some continuity.

Not an excuse BUT your advance scouts give you a report and the PITCHING STAFF executes the suggestions.  That is not happening with the staff as currently constructed.  So cutting off your nose to spite your face does not seem like a good idea to me.

8 hours ago, section18 said:

None of this makes any difference for 2017 and it again communicates a terrible message when you try to go out to hire a major league pitching coach or hitting coach. There will be plenty of time for change in the offseason.   And Brady needs less of a role with this organization, in my view, not more.  

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

None of this makes any difference for 2017 and it again communicates a terrible message when you try to go out to hire a major league pitching coach or hitting coach. There will be plenty of time for change in the offseason.   And Brady needs less of a role with this organization, in my view, not more.  

Good chance Brady will be the teams next GM. 

I think a bigger problem is that pitching prospects spend years and the minors and finally make it to the O's and have no idea how to pitch.  Our minors are producing a bunch of throwers, not pitchers.  The O's need to hire one of the top experts on developing young pitchers in the offseason.  Hire someone from a system that is able to develop major league starters regularly like the Rays.  It makes me steam whenever a prospect (even lower rated ones) leave the O's and immediately find success somewhere else.

10 hours ago, section18 said:

Is that actually going to help? When are the players to accept blame? Is it the coaches fault because Davis and Trumbo are getting worse? As for Kevin is it the coaches fault because his pitching is worse? It's time or past time the players take responsibility  of their performances. Any coach can only do so much. It's up to the players.

4 hours ago, 1968_bills_fan said:

When a lot of the team is stocked with discards from other teams,,,, what do you expect?

ALL free agents are Discards from other teams for various reasons.  So having said that, you must be against signing any free agents??

I'd be OK firing McDowell at this point.     I don't know if he's the problem, but he sure doesn't seem like the solution.    I'm not usually in favor of quick firings, but this performance is unprecedentedly bad.   Let McGregor fill in for the rest of the year.

Agree! The talk shows will be back full tilt today and tomorrow blasting the team and FO. What is DD doing?  I've advocated for McGregor only because of his background and believe he will talk to Palmer and Dempsey and come up with a solution if only temporary.until a long term answer is found. Maybe it will be McGregor and please dump Coolbaugh.  He was only brought here because Davis had success working with him, liked him and suggested he get the job. We see how that has worked out. Do I go to the game Wednesday or try to give my tickets away?  I'm only going if they have made some changes between now and then.

Archived