Glenn Clark: Orioles Should Entertain Offers On Adam Jones, Manny Machado

PressBoxOnline

Just now, Lucky_13 said:

Well Carlos Correa is now out 6-8 weeks. You know who'd look great at SS for you Houston? 

Manny Machado

Then, shift him over to 3B when Correa is back. Or, heck, maybe leave him there. Correa hasn't graded out that well at SS.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Well Carlos Correa is now out 6-8 weeks. You know who'd look great at SS for you Houston? 

Manny Machado

Yes this is the O's moment. Manny to Houston to play SS this year and back to 3B next year. Perfect for Houston just a question of how much we can get

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Fortunately Goldschmidt isn't their GM. AJ 0.3 fWAR -11.8 UZR/150.

16.33 M this season, 17.33 M next

Quote those stats all you want.  I guarantee you those are not in the top 10 aspects of a player the GM is looking at when he looking to add for a playoff run.  

35 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Yes this is the O's moment. Manny to Houston to play SS this year and back to 3B next year. Perfect for Houston just a question of how much we can get

I can't see Houston trading for Manny just for the purpose of spelling Correa for 6-8 weeks.  Houston has a 16 game loss-column division lead, 11 for AL home field advantage.  Going to that extent to get home field for a potential WS vs. the Dodgers seems to be a reach.

If Houston were looking from the perspective of upgrading the team with Correa in the line-up (which it sounds he will be come playoff time), then they might come knocking.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Adam Jones in no way is the problem with this team now or through the end of his contract.    The only decision that is relevant for this GM is Manny, Manny, Manny.   EVERYTHING else is irrelevant. 

He's a problem.  Not a huge problem but he is certainly underperforming his contract.

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's a problem.  Not a huge problem but he is certainly underperforming his contract.

Well, last year and this year that would be true, but not for the duration of his contract.   Generating 195 million in estimated value on an 85 million dollar contract has been pretty good and having Adam on a one year deal for next year versus trading him at the deadline seems to be a beyond minuscule problem compared to the problems in almost every other part of this team.   Sort of like trying to figure out what color to paint the bathroom when your house is burning down. 

30 minutes ago, beantownrefugee said:

I can't see Houston trading for Manny just for the purpose of spelling Correa for 6-8 weeks.  Houston has a 16 game loss-column division lead, 11 for AL home field advantage.  Going to that extent to get home field for a potential WS vs. the Dodgers seems to be a reach.

If Houston were looking from the perspective of upgrading the team with Correa in the line-up (which it sounds he will be come playoff time), then they might come knocking.

I agree. It's more likely they go after Britton to increase their odds in the PS. Only lefty in the pen is Sipp (meh). 

2 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Quote those stats all you want.  I guarantee you those are not in the top 10 aspects of a player the GM is looking at when he looking to add for a playoff run.  

Really you guarantee it? Are you a GM or do you just play one on message boards?

12 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Really you guarantee it? Are you a GM or do you just play one on message boards?

Please refrain from being an tremendous jerk.  Thanks.  If you want to continue having a conversation on the merits of the arguments I would be happy to do that.

Archived