Colorado Interested in Bundy/Gausman

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Wonder what they would give for Kevin? I'd trade Kevin if the O's can get a good return. I guess Angelos would nix that trade though. 

I don't know if there is a match here.  We'd be selling low, and while the Rockies have some interesting young MLBers, they probably wouldn't be interested in swapping them for a struggling Gausman.  As for prospects, there is a big drop-off after Brendan Rodgers, it's hard to see a compelling Gausman package there.  Now Bundy on the other hand would be worthy of a Rodgers headlined trade IMO, and while I've been a Bundy believer/fan, I think the O's would have to consider that.

"Dylan, we value you greatly, but for the good of the organization we've decided to include you in a trade."

"I understand.  While I've enjoyed my time here, pitching at Camden Yards can be a struggle, so perhaps leaving such a hitter-friendly environment could help my career.  Where am I going to?"

"Colorado."

"..."

Castillo, Brach or O'day is more likely.  I just don't see us selling young starting pitching.  Especially when Gausman's value is down and Bundy isn't that established yet.  

Colorado likely wouldn't give up their top two guys for either and we wouldn't take their top two guys for either.  

I imagine the conversation didn't get very far.  Remember when the dodgers asked for Bundy or Gausman in a trade for Kemp?  

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Castillo, Brach or O'day is more likely.  I just don't see us selling young starting pitching.  Especially when Gausman's value is down and Bundy isn't that established yet.  

Colorado likely wouldn't give up their top two guys for either and we wouldn't take their top two guys for either.  

I imagine the conversation didn't get very far.  Remember when the dodgers asked for Bundy or Gausman in a trade for Kemp?  

I agree that we aren't looking to sell young starting pitching, and the Rockies probably wouldn't give up their top guys, but we would be foolish not to take their top two guys for Gausman, Branden Rodgers is a elite prospect. 

Rodgers was very impressive in single A.  I have seen him, as he is here in Hartford, and he is still extremely raw.  He was struggling with the breaking stuff down and away.  I'm not sure there is much else here in Hartford that you would want in a trade, not a super impressive bunch after they lost Tapia and Dahl last year.

54 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Rodgers was very impressive in single A.  I have seen him, as he is here in Hartford, and he is still extremely raw.  He was struggling with the breaking stuff down and away.  I'm not sure there is much else here in Hartford that you would want in a trade, not a super impressive bunch after they lost Tapia and Dahl last year.

He's allowed to be raw at 20 years old in AA.

Their system has graduated most of their top guys, so their system is pretty weak other than Rodgers.

They allegedly also asked about KG back in December:

http://www.espn.com/blog/mlb/rumors/post/_/id/32696/mlb-rumor-central-rockies-a-fan-of-kevin-gausman

Whenever the two teams try to make a deal, the Rockies always ask for right-hander Kevin Gausman in return, Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com reports. Kubatko adds that the O's don't have any interest in trading the 25-year-old.

Baltimore is looking to add an outfielder this offseason, which is a position Colorado appears to have a surplus at. Charlie Blackmon and Carlos Gonzalez, both left-handed hitters, have often been mentioned as potential trade targets and would appear to be a fit for the Orioles...

Knowing how things turned out, would you have traded KG for Blackmon?

23 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

He's allowed to be raw at 20 years old in AA.

Their system has graduated most of their top guys, so their system is pretty weak other than Rodgers.

I agree completely.  I was stating it as an observation, not because I didn't like him.  

I would listen to anything, but this doesn't seem to make sense on any level other than Gausman being a native Coloradan and Bundy being from an adjacent state.

If it's part of a plan to put together an improved rotation, fine. But what is that plan?  I for one still hope that both, or at least one, of these guys can be effective parts of that rotation. 

Archived