Edwin Jackson

Bird Dog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That he's better in the NL? He was old(er) and washed up when we signed him, I find it hard to believe we did anything wrong. Maybe the Nats have some magic potion or something. 

1 hour ago, Bird Dog said:

Edwin just completed seven innings for the Nats against the Rockies.....one run....and that's the second time in three starts.  I have my own theories, what are yours?

I honestly don't know why we didn't let him start a bit. That's what he's typically been best at and done (except 2015). He still has decent velocity. 

1 hour ago, 99ct said:

That he's better in the NL? He was old(er) and washed up when we signed him, I find it hard to believe we did anything wrong. Maybe the Nats have some magic potion or something. 

I'm not sure if it's a NL thing. His first win with the Nats this season was against the Angels and the Rockies have a stacked offense. (I'm aware some players were out of the lineup as it was the 2nd game of a double header. I was at the first game which was nearly 4 hours in the heat.)

He looked absolutely done as a O', who knows, he was a starter for a while and maybe it's as simple as him finding a groove. Let's see how he does over his next 3-4 starts or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the guy has a 2.92 ERA since we released him.  Now I know he's not pitching in the AL anymore blah blah blah, but it really bugs me to see him have this success AS SOON as he leaves.  Did our scouts miss something?  Or did our coaches miss some things?  Or is it literally just dumb luck?  Needless to say, he would help us right now...

Everything I've read about Roger McDowell is that he works well with veterans.  It seems like a stretch to blame him for Edwin Jackson not doing well here.  Maybe Jackson just needed the innings of work the O's organization gave him to get back into rhythm.  Congrats to him.  

Archived