The Wildcard Race

NCRaven

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Putting aside the Orioles' struggles, the Twins are putting some distance between themselves and the rest of the field.    They're now 3 games ahead of their closest pursuers, with 16 games remaining.    They're 8 games over .500, meaning that if they played .500 ball from here, they'd win 85 games.   BP has their playoff odds up to 77.3%.

Twins still have away three game series against the Yankees and Indians.  They don't scare me but none  of the second WC teams are that good. Colon starting for the Twins tonight. Bud Norris is spot starting for the Angels. The Mariners got Paxton and King Felix back. I know they only can go four of five innings right now but might give them a lift. If they can hold their own against Houston this weekend,I am picking them. I think Twins or Mariners. 82 to 84 wins. What do I know?:D

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Twins still have away three game series against the Yankees and Indians.  They don't scare me but none  of the second WC teams are that good. Colon starting for the Twins tonight. Bud Norris is spot starting for the Angels. The Mariners got Paxton and King Felix back. I know they only can go four of five innings right now but might give them a lift. If they can hold their own against Houston this weekend,I am picking them. I think Twins or Mariners. 82 to 84 wins. What do I know?:D

I agree the twins do not really scare me, but math sort of removes schedule and other factors as the end nears. Twins look like a good choice from here!

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

All the second wild card teams are losing right now.Still think 82 to 84 wins will take it.Rays and Orioles are done.

Every team but Angles are 4/5 back in loss column.  Still think Twins hold on unless LAA catches them. 

3 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Hellickson, Tillman, and Rodriguez pitching in the same game is definitely flying the white flag.  I'm surprised the Yankees didn't score 20 runs.  I'm excited that Hays hit his first HR.  No reason he shouldn't start the rest of the year. 

He should 

o

(SEPTEMBER 19th)

MINNESOTA T WINS

Brian Dozier - 2B

Joe Mauer - 1B

Jorge Polanco - SS

Eduardo Escobar - 3B

Byron Buxton - CF

Eddie Rosario - LF

Robbie Grossman - DH

Chris Gimenez - C

Maximilian Kepler - RF

Jose Orlando Berrios - P )) (12-7, 3.84 ERA) )) *

* )) Leads the American League in Hit Batsmen (13)

NEW YORK YANKEES 

Brett Gardner - LF

Aaron Judge - RF

Gary Sanchez - C

Mariekson Gregorius - SS

Chase Headley - DH

Starlin Castro - 2B

Jacoby Ellsbury - CF

Todd Frazier - 3B

Greg Bird - 1B

Carsten Charles Sabathia, Jr. - P )) (11-5, 3.85 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

o

If we don't get the 2nd WC (which at this point we can assume),  I'd like the Twins to get it with no more than 85 wins.    My reason is that I predicted it would take no more than that, back in early August, so I'd like to be right.    And I do like the Twins more than the other teams vying for the spot.  

14 hours ago, Frobby said:

If we don't get the 2nd WC (which at this point we can assume),  I'd like the Twins to get it with no more than 85 wins.    My reason is that I predicted it would take no more than that, back in early August, so I'd like to be right.    And I do like the Twins more than the other teams vying for the spot.  

I  am still going with 82-84 wins. No second wild card team has played above .500 over the last 10 games. Angels play the Indians and Astros the rest of the week. Twins play one more against the Yankees and three against the Indians. One team will slid into the playoffs. 

Archived