The Wildcard Race

NCRaven

21 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

Still only 2.5 back. 

If there was ever a time for a four game sweep it would be now. But the A's are sending three young pitchers at us which makes me nervous. Need 3/4. 

Competitive baseball and start of Raven's football. Best part of the year. 

I like baseball but I don't really care for NFL anymore. 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TommyPickles said:

Os 1.5 games back.

Its interesting that right now the second WC team is only on pace for 82-83 wins. Surely someone will get more than that, but it might really only take 85-86... Strange year; lots of parity in the AL.

Maybe so. Or watered down baseball. 

If Davis looks lost again, he needs to go to the bench and start every 4th day while getting some extra work done in the cage plus some video work. We also need to consider if any of the assets we have a Norfolk and Bowie can provide better value to our lineup now.

I see potential value for this season as follows

AAA- Cisco, Alvarez, Johnson

AA- Santander, Hayes, Mullins,

I know September is coming, but I think our lineup and bench need to be restructured sooner.

Right now I don't really want to see Davis, Gentry, Rickard, or Tejada's name anywhere on or near the lineup card. Trumbo might make that list soon too.

Buck needs to do whatever he can to win games, even if he has to bench "his guys."

Plus the Yankees are coming back to the pack fast.  It maybe a race with two openings for wild card spots.  I just want us to play .500 on this road trip granted it can be a sweep on in Seattle but just tread water on the road and get home were we play much better and should gain on other teams.  We started two and half back come back the same our better is a win imo.  The Twins are actually leading as they have one less loss.  I always look at losses you can't make those up you can wins.

26 minutes ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Bench will be restructured shortly. Flaherty, Santander and Hardy....all coming off the DL.

The 40 man roster is at 39 right now, but Flaherty, Santander and Hardy are on the 60 Day DL.  Once we get back home it'll be time to add Flaherty and Santander, as their rehab limits will be up.  

Tejeda DFA for Flaherty

Gentry DFA for Santander

That still leaves us with 39 on the roster and I think that's where we stand until Sept. 1st unless there is an injury.  Then on Sept. 1st that's when I think we'll do this,

Hardy off DL to take open 40 man spot

DFA Nuno for Gentry( defensive sub/pinch runner)

DFA Verrett for Pena( 3rd C)

Nuno and Verrett make the most sense to be DFA'd because they are out of options for next year and have been strictly used as relievers.  If we wanted to make more additions to the 40 man roster(Trades/promotions), I think you'd start with the rest of the guys that are out of options for next year.  Ynoa, Wilson, Wright, and Aquino.  After that it gets tricky, we could see no value in carrying Faulkner even though he has an option for next year, or we could realize that Tillman is pointless to have.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We must take 2/3 from these remaining games with Oakland. Ubaldo can't ask for a better matchup. Manny needs to get red hot again. 

Blackburn is not an easy matchup. He's coming off a nice start vs the Angels. 6ip, 0er. He won't be easy to score on tonight. Ubaldo MUST keep us in it until we can possibly get to their BP.

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

If Davis looks lost again, he needs to go to the bench and start every 4th day while getting some extra work done in the cage plus some video work. We also need to consider if any of the assets we have a Norfolk and Bowie can provide better value to our lineup now.

I see potential value for this season as follows

AAA- Cisco, Alvarez, Johnson

AA- Santander, Hayes, Mullins,

I know September is coming, but I think our lineup and bench need to be restructured sooner.

Right now I don't really want to see Davis, Gentry, Rickard, or Tejada's name anywhere on or near the lineup card. Trumbo might make that list soon too.

Buck needs to do whatever he can to win games, even if he has to bench "his guys."

I don't know if it's that easy. Buck could move Mancini to 1st. Who plays LF? To bring up a minor leaguer don't they have to be on the 25 man roster? 

Archived