Santander

OriolesMagic83

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I clued a friend in from work that he was going to be activated Thursday.  Made no guarantee about playing time but told him if he had room for a flyer...

Perfect weather for the ball to carry. With a lefty who hasn't pitched much in 2 years, it could be a great night at Camden. The added bonus of "player of the week" Beck at the top & our new SP has given this Friday Os night a little extra juice. 

Here we go

Play Ball!

16 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He's been facing all Double A pitching. Never saw Triple A with better arms. Probably needs some time.

Do AAA pitchers have better arms than AA pitchers?

I'd lean toward the opposite but that's just a guess.  AA has prospects whereas AAA has a bunch of AAAA guys. 

What a memorable first major league game for Anthony.

He makes a nice diving play in right.   He starts 0 for 3 but with the team trailing and the game on the line vs a veteran fellow Venezuelan who has been a major league postseason hero, he gets a really nice critical base hit to start a 9th inning rally capped by a walkoff grand slam.

Wow.

Dan Connolly

In the ninth inning, Santander led off the Orioles’ big rally with a line drive single to right, his first major league hit. He then scored his first run on Machado’s grand slam.

“I could not imagine something like this,” the 22-year-old Venezuelan said through an interpreter. “But this was amazing, Something I’m never going to forget.”

He also made a great play in right field in the second inning, diving in the wet grass to take a sinking liner away from Trout.

Santander also had his first highlight for the blooper reel. After his great catch, he got up to run into the dugout and slipped, falling right back down on the field, face-first.

“The guys were ribbing me a little bit in the dugout,” he said. “But it was fun. I made the catch and we won the game, so it was all fun.”

• Upvote 1