Buck: Chris will be a good pitcher next year

wildcard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate all Tillman has done for the Orioles and I wouldn't mind bringing him back on an extremely low guarantee-incentive laden 1 year deal to hopefully rebuild his value.

My fear is that if the O's bring him back, Buck will put him in the rotation, period.  If he's bad, nope, doesn't matter.  Velocity down, arm slot all out of wack still, still in the rotation.  If that's how it's going to be, I wouldn't want him back for free.

25 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

This is why I need to start cooking dinner and get some food in my system. I literally thought this was about Chris Davis when first reading the headline.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tillman is back. Buck loves his players.

Gausman, Bundy, Castro, Tillman and Davis in '18 might be an improvement over this year''s rotation. xD

Maybe the once mighty O's could bring Peterson back to give Tillman a tune-up.

The last time Tillman had a major problem with his mechanics, he was sent to the minors to work with Peterson. He became a good pitcher when he returned to Baltimore.

24 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The downside about bringing Tillman back is that he would have just as long of a leash next year as he did this year. Which he was historically bad. 

o

This may not necessarily be true.

In addition to Bundy, Gausman, and Castro, the Orioles could sign a free-agent starting pitcher, plus they might go with somebody like Jayson Aquino and/or make an off-season trade to bolster the currently desperate situation.

After what happened this season (with Tillman individually, and with the overall starting rotation at-large), I suspect that the Orioles will probably have more of a safety net below Tillman next year than they did heading into the 2017 season.

o

1 hour ago, panick said:

Maybe the once mighty O's could bring Peterson back to give Tillman a tune-up.

The last time Tillman had a major problem with his mechanics, he was sent to the minors to work with Peterson. He became a good pitcher when he returned to Baltimore.

Griffin had something to do with it.

37 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

oThis may not necessarily be true.

In addition to Bundy, Gausman, and Castro, the Orioles could sign a free-agent starting pitcher, plus they might go with somebody like Jayson Aquino and/or make an off-season trade to bolster the currently desperate situation.

After what happened this season (with Tillman individually, and with the overall starting rotation at-large), I suspect that the Orioles will probably have more of a safety net below Tillman next year than they did heading into the 2017 season.

Agreed. Buck can be loyal to a fault, but IF they bring him back I expect the leash won't be as long.

Archived