Great final game, but.....

CP0861

Maybe it's me because I've got 2 young kids who get excited for Orioles games, but I'm disappointed in the lack of players who sign and interact with kids before the game.  The crowd was super light....especially early....and Kevin Gausman and I believe Castro were the only Orioles who bothered coming out.  Last home game...fan appreciation weekend....they're out of it.....and it was a ghost town.  Meanwhile, the Tampa Bay players were out warming up, throwing balls into the stands, and I even saw one player playing catch with fans for several minutes. 

Kevin Gausman was really great to everyone....he chatted, took pictures, and went all the way down the wall.  I made sure to thank him for coming out and signing for my kids.  Got a great picture of him with them.  If those guys could only realize what 5 minutes of signing does for the kids.....

Beyond that, the game was awesome.  My kids were into it and screaming all the way up until the end, Manny threw us a ball but it fell just under us (we were on first row of club next to press boxes), and the kids were excited to make the jumbo tron.  Glad to see the ovation for Hardy and awesome to see him tag one....hopefully not his last here, but it probably was.  Funny how one of the concerns on Sisco has been his power, and he's got 2 dingers in limited ab's so far.  Great game for action.  Tillman was hit HARD....couple of home runs and multiple other hard hit flies.

My 6 year old is not happy about "contracts" after I explained to her that this could be JJ's last year here.

Also, just a couple days after taking a CPR course for my certification, I witnessed a gentleman either have a heart attack or go into cardiac arrest at the gate....he was there with his grown daughter.  I hate to say it, but it didn't look good.  At any given time.....

That's good at least Gausman was able to sign autographs and take pictures; sure it will have a lasting positive impression on your kids.

Maybe it's just me but I hardly ever see players interact with fans at the Yard. Last time I've seen a player sign at Camden yards, it was Mike Sweeney in 2001 who was suspended after a big brawl but still traveled with the team.

I've seen opposing teams against the nats sign a ton of stuff for their fans. (Braves, Brewers, Cardinals)

Archived