Orioles to take another shot at extending Machado per Roch

Roll Tide

Will the Orioles get Manny resigned  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles get Machado signed?

• No ...They are just trying to prevent a fan exodus by saying they tried
    • No, They are going to back up the Brinks truck, but Machado isn't interested in staying
    • Yes...Angela s finally signs off on the big dollars and gets it done
    • Other.....

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Manny knows that another year like last year will cost him $$$$$.    But it’s never as simple as we like to think, in terms of what causes a player to have a disappointing year.

I think Yonder Alonso had a lot to do with it. In the first half Manny's back spin swing became more pronounced as he seemed to be going for better angle of elevation. Didn't change his HR/FB rate but did increase his IFFB. His brother in law was doing the same thing but with more success the first half.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I can't imagine Machado not walking. He and Harper are on great positions to reap $400 million dollar contracts next off season.

Or blow out a knee during the season and  get a much, much cheaper contract.   Just because players have had good seasons does not mean they can not get hurt or have a poor season.   Just look at the highs and lows of Britton, Tillman. Davis, and Trumbo.   Schoop tore up his knee running to first base the other year.   There is a risk to waiting which has to weighed by Manny and his agent.

I would argue that the organization could be better in 2018 and the future, without Manny. That would assume Duquette can make a solid trade. 

The financial effect of keeping Manny, along with Davis's albatross, and combined with the state of our farm system, would prohibit us from being competitive, consistently. At least this would be true for the next 4-5 years. 

On 11/11/2017 at 12:13 PM, wildcard said:

Maybe to the Cubs to play SS.

I think the plan at this point is for the Cubs to back up the Brinks truck for Harper and not Machado. Harper has been pretty blatant in showing how much he likes Chicago and how much he wants to play with childhood friend Kris Bryant.

43 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

I think the plan at this point is for the Cubs to back up the Brinks truck for Harper and not Machado. Harper has been pretty blatant in showing how much he likes Chicago and how much he wants to play with childhood friend Kris Bryant.

Plus Addison Russell's a pretty good SS.

20 hours ago, weams said:

I don't think they want him.

Makes you wonder why.  I know he had a reputation as being kind of a head case while he was here....but man....with as rare as top end pitching is in the game today....

1 hour ago, esmd said:

Makes you wonder why.  I know he had a reputation as being kind of a head case while he was here....but man....with as rare as top end pitching is in the game today....

Basically age and the amount of years he wanted. I think the front office likes Jake as do the fans and last year they tried to extend him but he wanted a Max Scherzer deal. If he ends up only getting  something like 4/100 then I do expect the Cubs to be in the mix, but I suspect someone will give him something closer to 5/125 which is just too much for a 32 year old arm  losing velocity.

Archived