Orioles Sign Ryan O'Rourke

wildbillhiccup

19 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Here's something current to discuss, so you can stop replying to threads from 2015.

o

The thread start date for the Matt Wotherspoon/Jason Wheeler thread that murph bumped is right there before you click to open it,  and the information on Wheeler going to Korea is current. 

The thread start date for the Max Scherzer thread that I bumped is right there before you click to open it, and the information on Scherzer winning his 2nd consecutive Cy Young Award is current. 

Whine about it all you want. You have gotten a rational explanation each time that you have.

o

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The thread start date for the Matt Wotherspoon/Jason Wheeler thread that murph bumped is right there before you click to open it,  and the information on Wheeler going to Korea is current. 

The thread start date for the Max Scherzer thread that I bumped is right there before you click to open it, and the information on Scherzer winning his 2nd consecutive Cy Young Award is current. 

Whine about it all you want. You have gotten a rational explanation each time that you have.

o

The Scherzer thread bump from 2015 was particularly insightful. I mean, without it I would have had no idea what he's been up to for the last two years. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The Scherzer thread bump from 2015 was particularly insightful. I mean, without it I would have had no idea what he's been up to for the last two years. 

Could we just let it go already?    This thread is about O’Rourke.     To the extent the OP took a shot at another poster, I think it’s poor form to start a thread and do that.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Frobby said:

Could we just let it go already?    This thread is about O’Rourke.     To the extent the OP took a shot at another poster, I think it’s poor form to start a thread and do that.  

Point noted, but for the record I started the thread to report the signing. 

PS) Any chance you can fix his name in the title? 

3 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Point noted, but for the record I started the thread to report the signing. 

And I’m glad that you did.    Personally, I’d rather discuss the signing without the background noise.   I’m glad Hart has some competition.

7 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

So, a LOOGY ??? Meh.

o

It's not an overly exciting signing, but he is (presumably) being had cheap, and at the very least he can be a contributor to the AAA-Norfolk team and/or a contributor on the Baltimore-Norfolk shuttle when the Orioles' starting pitchers fail to eat innings and start burning up the other bullpen arms. 

o

17 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I'm pissing my pants laughing. Only 10 more months of this fool GM. 

These types of signings can’t be bad, super low risk, fairly low reward type move.

The guy has been great against lefties, it’s nice to have a guy like that as AAA depth.

Also on the GM note, you realize that until there is a change in organizational philosophy (that comes from above the GM) the Orioles are not going to operate the way a lot of fans/analysts/commentators would prefer they operate.

• Upvote 3

I don't see the hate. He signed a minor league deal, doesn't take up a roster spot right now (unless they slid him on there without mentioning it), and he is coming off of surgery for super cheap. If he does great, DD looks like a genius. If he fails, it was another scrap pick. If he does nothing but provide a decent arm in AAA and can spot fill for an injury or exhaustion in Baltimore if he does good, then alrighty then.