Mike Friers on the trade market?

bpilktree

1 hour ago, PaulFolk said:

I, too, enjoy pitchers who throw a pitch that could kill someone because they got their feelings hurt by a bat flip. Good times!

xD9_9xD9_9

Riiiight....cause you know, there have been all those guys killed by HBPs. 

I didn't think there was any snow in the forecast until next week?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CP0861 said:

xD9_9xD9_9

Any time you throw a fastball at someone's head, you could potentially end their career, or worse. What is appealing to you about that?

1 hour ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Should the Orioles sign this guy? Is he a gopher ball machine?

Yeah, I think he’d be a cheap 5th starter option. He was last year, but if his HR/FB rate regresses towards his career average he’d actually be a strong 5th starter. I think you could do a lot worse for the 4ish million he’ll probably cost.

16 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

Yeah, I think he’d be a cheap 5th starter option. He was last year, but if his HR/FB rate regresses towards his career average he’d actually be a strong 5th starter. I think you could do a lot worse for the 4ish million he’ll probably cost.

Agreed. 1/4 would be a steal. It’s pretty realistic that he could give us 150+ IP at a 4.50 ERA. He would be a nice start to the offseason. 

11 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

After looking at his stats, he looks like could be a good BP asset. Provides the most value with around 75 IP a year

HAH I interpreted BP as batting practice at first read, which, having watched Fiers pitch a few times, is not entirely inaccurate.  I would hope we could find a better fifth starter, but I suppose I would take him.

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 12:37 PM, CP0861 said:

xD9_9xD9_9

Ray Chapman, Patrick Clegg, Charles "Cupid" Pinkney, Michael Marano, Randy Johnson's bird... A total of 111 amateur players have been killed by pitches since 1897 according to researcher and author Bob Gorman.

I don't think there is anything funny about this. For those of us who have first-hand experienced a pitcher throwing at their head, I can guarantee you that we're not laughing.

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 3:03 PM, weams said:

Tom Koehler is the worst pitcher in MLB baseball.

Chris Tillman was worse in 2017.

It's amazing how similar Koehler's and Tillman's career stats are. They are nearly identical in career ERA, H/9, HR/9, K/9 and BB/9. Tillman's ERA+ of 94 is better than Koehler's 88 but Koehler has the better FIP of 4.49 of compared to Tillman's 4.66.

7 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

Ray Chapman, Patrick Clegg, Charles "Cupid" Pinkney, Michael Marano, Randy Johnson's bird... A total of 111 amateur players have been killed by pitches since 1897 according to researcher and author Bob Gorman.

I don't think there is anything funny about this. For those of us who have first-hand experienced a pitcher throwing at their head, I can guarantee you that we're not laughing.

Yawn.  How many of those guys in the modern era with HELMETS?  When you have to go back 100+ years to find guys.....and make reference to a bird....you're proving my point.  How many MLB guys since Ray Chapman? Which btw was 97 years ago and he was wearing no helmet....

And....um.....I played baseball and mens fastpitch for about 30 years.  So don't give me that.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, PaulFolk said:

Any time you throw a fastball at someone's head, you could potentially end their career, or worse. What is appealing to you about that?

It's just a different way of looking at it.....a more relaxed and less uptight way. 

Go youtube the pitch.....Luis Valbuena....it was a message.  He missed him by FEET. 

I'm not advocating killing someone or ending their career.  Sheesh.

Archived