Stanton to the Yankees

NCRaven

On 12/9/2017 at 1:20 AM, NCRaven said:

Argh ......

What else is there to say?  At least they probably wont spend on Manny when he hits free agency.

o

(APRIL 17th)

In this still very young season, Stanton is batting .197 with 29 Strikeouts in 66 At-Bats (75 Plate Appearances) so far.

o

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 17th)

In this still very young season, Stanton is batting .197 with 29 Strikeouts in 66 At-Bats (75 Plate Appearances) so far.

o

LOL not worried about Stanton I'll take that guy over Davis every day all day.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 17th)

o

41 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

LOL. I'm not worried about Stanton. I'll take that guy over Davis every day all day.

o

I'm not worried about Stanton either, especially since I'm not a Yankee fan. I also specifically pointed out that the season is still very young.

His slow start to the season and his high strikeout rate has been universally noted (particularly by booing Yankee fans on their home field), regardless of the likelihood that it's an overreaction.

o

34 minutes ago, atomic said:

Stanton's contract is far worse though. 

We should probably wait until Stanton is actually providing negative value on his deal before making that declaration. Stanton is the reigning NL MVP and Davis is coming off of providing the Orioles -22.5M worth of value in 2017.

o

5 Things to Fix These .500 Yankees 

(By Mike Mazzeo)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/5-fix-500-yankees-article-1.3941513

1) )) Move Giancarlo Stanton to the No. 2 spot in the batting order.

2) )) Call up Gleyber Torres ASAP.

3) )) Let Austin Romine catch Sonny Gray regularly.

4) )) Move Chad Green into a high-leverage, late-inning role.

5) )) Get back to fundamentals.

o

3 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

400 strike outs out of your 3-4 hitters is tough regardless of their other production.

Has any team ever had 400 strikeouts combined out of two players back to back in the lineup?

Considering that 200 strikeouts from one player wasn't a thing from 1871-2008 I'd guess not.  Trumbo and Davis combined for 389 in 2016.  Chris Carter and Jonathan Villar combined for 380 on the '16 Brewers. Mark Reynolds and Adam LaRoche combined for 383 in 2010. 

Among the eight 2015 Cubs starters with the most PAs the fewest Ks were Starlin Castro's 91.  Seven teams, including the 2012-14 Braves got 450+ strikeouts from three players.

On 4/19/2018 at 12:04 AM, OFFNY said:

o

5 Things to Fix These .500 Yankees 

(By Mike Mazzeo)

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/5-fix-500-yankees-article-1.3941513

1) )) Move Giancarlo Stanton to the No. 2 spot in the batting order.

2) )) Call up Gleyber Torres ASAP.

3) )) Let Austin Romine catch Sonny Gray regularly.

4) )) Move Chad Green into a high-leverage, late-inning role.

5) )) Get back to fundamentals.

o

6) Trade all your best prospects for Manny Machado. 

Archived