Slow Offseason around MLB

Redskins Rick

11 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah you're right everyone's tweeting nothings imminent now.  

Sure would be nice if something happened this offseason. 

Astros GM has said nothing is imminent in any trade talks with the team at this point.   It looks like the reporters are getting so bored with this off season and few things to talk about that they may be making info up or using even more unrelaible sources.  

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Astros GM has said nothing is imminent in any trade talks with the team at this point.   It looks like the reporters are getting so bored with this off season and few things to talk about that they may be making info up or using even more unrelaible sources.  

Yes, I think so.

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Anyone here thinking the "C" word?  Wouldn't put it past the owners given the skyrocketing salaries.

No, when the owners try that they are no where near this slick.

I think a lot of it is teams keeping their powder dry for next offseason.

No if things don't happen next season, come talk to me.

Just now, backwardsk said:

Khris Davis and the A's agree on $10.1M for his second time through arbitration.  For context, Manny made 11.5.  At that point, Manny's career WAR was north of 24.  Davis' is less than 10.

The process sure loves the home runs.

I thought Manny left money on the table both times he settled with the O's instead of going to arbitration.

48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I thought Manny left money on the table both times he settled with the O's instead of going to arbitration.

Agreed.    Makes you wonder if his long term contract demand a couple of years ago was similarly reasonable.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

3/$39 mm.    Doesn’t seem cheap to me for a guy worth 3 WAR over the last 4 years.   

Actually, he's been worth 4.3 over the last 3 years (on BBRef), but it still seems high to me.  :)

EDIT:  Sorry...thought you had said over the last 3 years on your post.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

3/$39 mm.    Doesn’t seem cheap to me for a guy worth 3 WAR over the last 4 years.   

Better track record than Trumbo, I probably wouldn’t like it if the O’s did it, but it’s reasonable. Bruce’s knee injury seemed to suppress his performance some.

Archived