Orioles out On Cobb per Roch

bpilktree

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

News flash, the Orioles are interested in every single pitcher who appears to be healthy, won't cost too much in terms of dollars and years, and is not a serial murderer or rapist. The list goes on and on and on.  Wake me up when the reports are beyond the "O's have interest" and have moved on to the "O's have made an offer" to.

I'll be honest, I'd be pretty shocked if Cobb doesn't end up in Chicago. All the interviews,articles and circumstances plus there's tons of mutual interest as well as the Maddon/Hickey connection. Cobb has also said that priority number 1 in signing will be about winning. If he ends up in Baltimore it's going to be because they absolutely blew away a Chicago offer, just my opinion.

Just now, Tryptamine said:

I'll be honest, I'd be pretty shocked if Cobb doesn't end up in Chicago. All the interviews,articles and circumstances plus there's tons of mutual interest as well as the Maddon/Hickey connection. Cobb has also said that priority number 1 in signing will be about winning. If he ends up in Baltimore it's going to be because they absolutely blew away a Chicago offer, just my opinion.

Exactly. Baltimore is not in a winning situation at the moment. They "lost" 3 starters to free agency and got better. I don't think they can compete right now with the quality of the NYY's and Bos. I do believe the Cobb contract will end up being an overpay for whomever signs him.

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Maybe. There are probably three more in history if so. 

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. And weams.

Its not that simple to say the most money.   Some players get a few teams bidding on them.  He picks the team he  wants and then his agent stops taking bids from the other teams and makes sure the preferred team gets the last and highest bid.   Other teams may have bid higher but they didn't get a chance.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its not that simple to say the most money.   Some players get a few teams bidding on them.  He picks the team he  wants and then his agent stops taking bids from the other teams and makes sure the preferred team gets the last and highest bid.   Other teams may have bid higher but they didn't get a chance.

I disagree. 

Well at least they're interested. They'd be foolish not to given their need for 2 or 3 starters.  Question is, will they do what it takes to sign him?

They really need to pick a lane this offseason.  Machado has one one year, as does Britton.  If they're REALLY going to go all in and try to win a WC, then they need to sign Cobb plus another decent starter.

Archived