Orioles out On Cobb per Roch

bpilktree

At 4/$60M I'm definitely still interested. If it's up to 4/$80M, that's crazy to me. Either way, it's going to be too much for the O's. I'm skeptical they'll go back to a 4-year deal for a pitcher in the near future thanks to the Ubaldo disaster (while we all understand the difference, I'm afraid Angelos doesn't).

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might be willing to go 4/68 for Cobb, if it means we can keep prospects and not go after Duffy.  

Then, sign Vargas on a 1-year deal if we are intent on having a lefty.

Trade Manny to St. Louis for Wacha, Flaherty, and Gyorko.  Done.   A rotation of Cobb, Gausman, Bundy, Wacha, and Vargas would still be relatively cheap and young.  Definitely a lot better than what we had out there last year.

9 hours ago, jamalshw said:

At 4/$60M I'm definitely still interested. If it's up to 4/$80M, that's crazy to me. Either way, it's going to be too much for the O's. I'm skeptical they'll go back to a 4-year deal for a pitcher in the near future thanks to the Ubaldo disaster (while we all understand the difference, I'm afraid Angelos doesn't).

It's not that big a difference to where one is OK and the other is "crazy", to me.  I actually thought Cobb was going to command 18-20 mil per.

14 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I might be willing to go 4/68 for Cobb, if it means we can keep prospects and not go after Duffy.  

Then, sign Vargas on a 1-year deal if we are intent on having a lefty.

Trade Manny to St. Louis for Wacha, Flaherty, and Gyorko.  Done.   A rotation of Cobb, Gausman, Bundy, Wacha, and Vargas would still be relatively cheap and young.  Definitely a lot better than what we had out there last year.

I would trade Manny to St. Louis for those players in a heartbeat i just hope if that kind of offer is in the table the O's accept it

There is no way we are in on any significant pitcher at this cost. It won't be much longer and we will have to give Tillman 10 mil just to fill out the rotation as a last resort.

This team has to get better at developing it's own starting pitching immediately, the cos of FA pitchers is through the roof.

15 minutes ago, billw76 said:

There is no way we are in on any significant pitcher at this cost. It won't be much longer and we will have to give Tillman 10 mil just to fill out the rotation as a last resort.

This team has to get better at developing it's own starting pitching immediately, the cos of FA pitchers is through the roof.

That and when they are being developed in the case of Zach Davies, they're not traded for the likes of 2 months of Parra.

I'm not sure about 10mill, but I hear your frustration.

5 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

If Cobb gets 20 million some team going to regret that big time he is not 20 million guy.  I am more upset we didn't push for other guys then go after him.  A couple other guys got fair deals we should have been on.  

I would have paid more for Chatwood than the Cubs gave him. 

Archived