Can someone tell me exactly who the Orioles are going to be paying after this season?

TradeAngelos

33 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

The only 2 players who they were ever going to "spend" on are walking out the door in the next 2 years via free agency, because we WON'T pay them. 

Are you expecting a big FA splash by the O's in not only this offseason, but the next one too? Yeah good luck with that. Because that is what it is going to take to move the needle from where it is currently. That is about as likely as us winning a World Series with this current ownership. 

The O's paid 8 players last year more than 10m.  The argument that the O's will not spend is about 6  years too late.. The O's have increased spending every year for 6 years.   There is no indication that the O's will not continue to spend.

It does not sound like Manny wants to sign an extension.  He wants to go FA

Thank goodness the O's have not signed Britton at this point.  He has been injured 3 times in the last year    The O's would probably have overpaid had they extended him.  Who  knows what kind on a contract he will have in 2019.  It depends on whether he can stay healthy.

Brach and Schoop could sign extensions.  We don't know yet.

Jones has to go FA to reduce his 17m contract.  They could sign him for 12m/yr next year if he has a good year.   We will not know until  it plays out.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Do you ever keep count how many times the fans are wrong and Hyde is right?   I didn't think so.
    • At one time, the Orioles seemed to be in the minority regarding keeping guys under wraps and to lower pitch counts.  Now this seems to be the rule among teams in the minors.  
    • Billy Cook just keeps grinding his way along.   He gets a little better every year while advancing through the system.  He's at .862 OPS overall but .929 after almost 100 PA at Norfolk.   Striking out less.  Walking more.  Hitting more doubles but less homers so far.  Stealing some bases.  Playing all three OF positions, 1B and 2B.   Can I get a top 30 for this kid @Tony-OH? 😄
    • He isn’t letting Grayson coming off a shoulder issue throw a bunch of pitches. I’m sure they had a number in mind before the game.  
    • You aren't going to impress me with Kremer being the only decent player they got for Machado.  Sorry, that isn't an example of his competence.  As for Means, he got his improvement as a result of going outside of the system with an outside baseball training facility.   He gets a lot of credit for GrayRod though as many criticized the pick.  
    • The Bryce move was less controversial because he didn't escape the guardrails of the draft regulating one and only one Club he had the opportunity to sell his labor to. Last CBA round during the international draft negotiations Tony Clark gave out a quote like "in principle we don't like drafts of any kind" Being selfish for Orioles and with Elias having the extra pool money this year because of Gunnar, I've wondered if Ethan Holliday could quick drop out of 11th grade with a few weeks to go, grab that GED, play one game for Stillwater Community College and earn reclassification to 2024.     Then he just needs to pull that John Elway or Eli Manning thing.
    • Received my voucher email last night (they'll be in my account as of May 24).  There's no way they could've known I was there for the whole game, so it appears everyone who had a ticket for that game and a MyOriolesTicket account received a voucher. Pretty generous!  Good for 2024, most M-Th games (select "blackout" dates excluded).  
  • Popular Contributors