Can someone tell me exactly who the Orioles are going to be paying after this season?

TradeAngelos

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who will the O's be paying in 2019?

1B -  Davis under contract

2B - Schoop (Arbitration eligible)

SS - Beckham( Arbitration eligible)

3B - Maybe someone that is brought back in a Manny trade.

C -   Jospph(Arbitration eligible), Sisco, and Wynns

LF -Mancini 

CF - Hays

RF - Jones may be re-signed as a FA

DH - Trumbo under contract

OF - Mullins, Stewart, Santander, Rickard

SP - Bundy, Gausman ( both arbitration eligible), plus whoever the O's sign this off season to multi year contracts and whoever the O's get in the Manny trade. Harvey and maybe Akin.

RP - Brach ( O's may re-sign before he is a FA) 

RP - O'Day under contract

RP - Givens, (Arbitration eligible) Bleier, Castro, Yacabonis, Hart, Cortes( maybe), Scott, Hess, 

RF -  Britton could be back on a pillow contract in 2019 year if he does not show he is healthy at the end of the season.

28 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh we all know full well what your agenda is by now.

Go ahead and spend 185M and build me a team that can compete.

My "agenda" is figuring out where the heck this team is going after this season. Who the "core" is going to be. 

It is fine if you are happy with a 65 win 100m payroll, but I'm not. And it sure looks like that is where we are heading. 

Manny, one of the top FA pitchers this year, and another lesser quality SP. Add in Schoop when the time comes. That adds 60m right there (80m with Schoop) over the next 4-5 years. That puts us maybe at 160m range, with Trumbo dropping off in year one. O'Day in year two so that 160m actually goes down. And if you think That 1-4 plus whatever at #5 and this offense with the addition of Hays and Mancini (cheap) coming along can't compete, I don't know what to tell you. 

12 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Who ELSE Frobby, who ELSE. 

That is my point.

How about if we find out who the O's sign for 2018 before we get upset on 2019.  The O's had a payroll of 170m at the end of 2017.  That shows a willingness to spend.   The O's will probably spend in 2018 and 2019.

3 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

My "agenda" is figuring out where the heck this team is going after this season. Who the "core" is going to be. 

It is fine if you are happy with a 65 win 100m payroll, but I'm not. And it sure looks like that is where we are heading. 

Manny, one of the top FA pitchers this year, and another lesser quality SP. Add in Schoop when the time comes. That adds 60m right there (80m with Schoop) over the next 4-5 years. That puts us maybe at 160m range, with Trumbo dropping off in year one. O'Day in year two so that 160m actually goes down. And if you think That 1-4 plus whatever at #5 and this offense with the addition of Hays and Mancini (cheap) coming along can't compete, I don't know what to tell you. 

I think we all know that isn't what I want.

I don't think it is possible to take the team, in its current situation, and make it a playoff contender in two years.

I certainly don't want them throwing good money after bad.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

How about if we find out who the O's sign for 2018 before we get upset on 2019.  The O's had a payroll of 170m at the end of 2017.  That shows a willingness to spend.   The O's will probably spend in 2018 and 2019.

The only 2 players who they were ever going to "spend" on are walking out the door in the next 2 years via free agency, because we WON'T pay them. 

Are you expecting a big FA splash by the O's in not only this offseason, but the next one too? Yeah good luck with that. Because that is what it is going to take to move the needle from where it is currently. That is about as likely as us winning a World Series with this current ownership. 

1 minute ago, TradeAngelos said:

The only 2 players who they were ever going to "spend" on are walking out the door in the next 2 years via free agency, because we WON'T pay them. 

Are you expecting a big FA splash by the O's in not only this offseason, but the next one too? Yeah good luck with that. Because that is what it is going to take to move the needle from where it is currently. That is about as likely as us winning a World Series with this current ownership. 

You know you can't force Manny to extend right?

They didn't exactly outbid a host of rivals for Davis and Trumbo.

17 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Who ELSE Frobby, who ELSE. 

That is my point.

We all appreciate the passion.  And I think you have a valid point, even if your original post and the follow ups, blend "literally:" and "figuratively" in a way that honestly are pretty confusing.  But you would do well to drop the attitude when people are trying to engage you.  And that is just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think we all know that isn't what I want.

I don't think it is possible to take the team, in its current situation, and make it a playoff contender in two years.

I certainly don't want them throwing good money after bad.

The Oriole Way?

Archived