Duquette says he wants to stay

Frobby

What’s he going to say at Fanfest — but still... 

“The Orioles gave me the opportunity to reestablish myself in Major League Baseball, which I really appreciated,” he said.   “I’d like to continue that.   I enjoy the fans in Baltimore, I enjoy working in the organization and I appreciate the opportunity Mr. (Peter) Angelos gave me.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/01/duquette-on-starting-pitching-his-contract-and-more.html

5 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Honestly, we could do a lot worse than Duquette.

If Buck retires to  team vice presindent role, I would be fine with whatever GM he interviews and picks,assuming Angelos allows that type of management. I think Buck overseeing everything would be a huge improvement. 

I have no basis for this comment but: Wasn't Buck hired before DD IIRC? It seemed like a long, negotiated process before Buck accepted the position. In that process I always had a feeling (could be wrong) that Buck was more than just the on the field guy, specifically he would have a significant input in player/roster management. I think Buck prefers the field role more than the white collar role.

30 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Then do something about the pitching if you want to get a new contract!  Your response on how the Orioles are going to fill out the starting rotation is: 

Seems like an honest and reasonable answer to me.  Ownership refuses to go 4 years on a SP and refuses to take on a medical risk.  That pretty much eliminates the best potentially available SPs.  Trading for SPs that we would really want to have is problematic.  Easy to sit back and say "We should sign this guy" or "We should trade for that guy," but in reality it just plain isn't that simple.

3 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Seems like an honest and reasonable answer to me.  Ownership refuses to go 4 years on a SP and refuses to take on a medical risk.  That pretty much eliminates the best potentially available SPs.  Trading for SPs that we would really want to have is problematic.  Easy to sit back and say "We should sign this guy" or "We should trade for that guy," but in reality it just plain isn't that simple.

Thank You.

His and Buck's contract status is one of the biggest mistakes of the offseason. Extend them or come right out and make it clear that this will be their last year. Maybe they know it's their last but I bet it hasn't been addressed professionally. Agents are going to steer their players away from the O's as they have no idea the make up of the team next year.

54 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

His and Buck's contract status is one of the biggest mistakes of the offseason. Extend them or come right out and make it clear that this will be their last year. Maybe they know it's their last but I bet it hasn't been addressed professionally. Agents are going to steer their players away from the O's as they have no idea the make up of the team next year.

Maybe neither guy wants an extension.  

Archived