TT: Could the Orioles be Prepping to be Sold?

Tony-OH

Question: how long does it usually take to sell a team?    How long was the Marlins sale from beginning to end?   You’d clearly want the new group in before the end of the season, to give them time to bring in their team for the full offseason, right?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Question: how long does it usually take to sell a team?    How long was the Marlins sale from beginning to end?   You’d clearly want the new group in before the end of the season, to give them time to bring in their team for the full offseason, right?

Would Angelos require local ownership?

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How do you set a value on the Orioles with resolution of the MASN debacle in sight? Here are four of what I'm sure are many questions:

• Will the new owners want to buy MASN as well as the team?
  • If they do, how much is MASN worth right now?
  • If they buy the O's and MASN, how much could they be on the hook to the Nats for?
  • If they want only the team, what TV revenues can they expect to receive over the next three or five years?

20 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would Angelos require local ownership?

I'd hope he'd at east make them agree to keep the team in Baltimore for whatever period. 

I'd hope a guy like Kevin Plank who has the resources to compete and a local guy like Cal could partner up.

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'd hope he'd at east make them agree to keep the team in Baltimore for whatever period. 

I'd hope a guy like Kevin Plank who has the resources to compete and a local guy like Cal could partner up.

I just don't get the Cal thing.  Has he done anything of note with the minor league teams that make you think he'd be a good owner?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't get the Cal thing.  Has he done anything of note with the minor league teams that make you think he'd be a good owner?

Cal for owner, Brady for GM, and Dempsey for manager, and we’re set!

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

First stories about a Marlins sale were in February 2017, deal done in August, deal approved in September.    If Angelos is selling, it should be public very soon I’d think.   

Archived