TT: Could the Orioles be Prepping to be Sold?

Tony-OH

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just don't get the Cal thing.  Has he done anything of note with the minor league teams that make you think he'd be a good owner?

I really don't care is part of it. It may bring some more excitement to the casual fan. Personally, I was a fan of Cal the player. Cal in general...not so much.

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Go to the poster's profile and click on see their activity then go to last page.

Frobby's first post was about Mazilli being fired.

I’m sure that’s wrong.    I’ve been a member since late 2003.   They must not have the older posts.   It would be really interesting to know what my first post was about.    Probably about wanting to sign Vlad Guerrero.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m sure that’s wrong.    I’ve been a member since late 2003.   They must not have the older posts.   It would be really interesting to know what my first post was about.    Probably about wanting to sign Vlad Guerrero.

Yeah it says my first post was about the Simpsons in Feb 2006.

I remember coming to the board the first time the night we traded for Kris Benson, which was in Jan 2006, to discuss the deal with folks here.   I'd visited the board before but never posted.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

From what I understand there was a serious data loss at one point.  That is probably the first one after that incident. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-sale-fans-0401-20120331-story,amp.html

n late September 1993, before his purchase of the team was even approved by the MLB owners, Angelos told The Sun that he didn't foresee ever wanting to sell the team and that if he did, he would not sell to an out-of-town group.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-sale-fans-0401-20120331-story,amp.html

n late September 1993, before his purchase of the team was even approved by the MLB owners, Angelos told The Sun that he didn't foresee ever wanting to sell the team and that if he did, he would not sell to an out-of-town group.

I mean it's great he said that, but I wouldn't bank on a statement made in a newspaper interview a quarter of a century ago, when he is trying to secure the future for his family.

But I think the concern about Baltimore losing the team is overwrought.   Camden Yards is still considered one of the top stadiums in the nation, we have a great history of support.   If Tampa and Oakland can't lose their teams, there's no way we can.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Question: how long does it usually take to sell a team?    How long was the Marlins sale from beginning to end?   You’d clearly want the new group in before the end of the season, to give them time to bring in their team for the full offseason, right?

I would think so.'

22 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I mean it's great he said that, but I wouldn't bank on a statement made in a newspaper interview a quarter of a century ago, when he is trying to secure the future for his family.

But I think the concern about Baltimore losing the team is overwrought.   Camden Yards is still considered one of the top stadiums in the nation, we have a great history of support.   If Tampa and Oakland can't lose their teams, there's no way we can.

If it was anyone but Peter Angelos, I'd agree with tour first paragraph. Has anyone ever been able to change his mind in anything?

I'm not saying this as a joke but I wonder about Angelos's condition. He's almost 90, right? Is it possible his health is declining or his mental capacity? Not saying there's anything to it but you certainly never hear anything from him publicly.

43 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

I'm not saying this as a joke but I wonder about Angelos's condition. He's almost 90, right? Is it possible his health is declining or his mental capacity? Not saying there's anything to it but you certainly never hear anything from him publicly.

Well aren't his sons part of the ownership? 

Archived