Cashner signing

jcaponio

Just now, Camden_yardbird said:

Cashmere never struck out more than 5 batters last year and only did that once.  He also only gave up 5 runs max in any game and that happened 4 times.  He knows how to pitchnn and that will help him out perform his peripherals every time.

Can we at least go with Kasmir if we are going to do this?

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Obviously. Personally I'm hoping for a 4.50 and I'll see that as a stunning victory for this rotation. And it's an upgrade from last year no matter how you look at it. 

Now if Cashner crashes and burns to a 5 or 6+, then, hey, that sucks. But I'm glad they signed a ML caliber starting pitcher because that's the only option they afforded themselves. They had to make this signing, so we'll just see how it plays out. 

I like him more than Hellickson, I'll say that.

I’m with you — 4.50 would be a wIn, especially if he can throw 175+ innings.   

6 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

This is an absolutely ABSURD deal for a possibly 3 or 4. Ridiculous. Yet we still have some "meh's" around here. It is comical. You really hate Dan that much? LOL. Kills you doesn't it. 

Don’t get me wrong, definitely an upgrade over Jimenez, Miley, Hellickson or Tillman. And he didn’t cost much. I just don’t expect what he did last year.

Just now, wildcard said:

But there has to be money added to get FA pitchers to come to Camden Yards.

We just signed the guy for 2/$16 mm guaranteed.    I know he can exceed that if he hits his incentives — and I hope he does — but my guess is he’d have preferred 2/$20 mm guaranteed.