Seattle fires GM...

TyCobb

Cue bummer brooding...
What's interesting is Ichiro is moving back to RF permanently. Now the CF spot is empty. I wonder who could have been occupying the spot right now. Hmm......

God that trade was a bad idea, and I called it from the very beginning.

Did I call it or what? ;):D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who didnt should get their eyes checked.

BTW, on BBTN they mentioned that Cashman could be a finalist for the job if they let the search last until the offseason. I could see it being realistic if Hank keeps going on his rants. I would love for it to happen because Cashman would be in a great spot to rebuild a franchise and be out from underneath Hank, while Hank will run the Yankees into the ground.

Sounds like yesterday on Mike and the Mad dog that Cashman will stay a yankee.

But says who? Says Cashman? Says Hank?

Says Cashman. It sounded like already sent a 1st offer which Cashman denied. Cashman then said that he liked working with the Yankees. By the way Hank isn't running the show. His other brother is the one that makes the call. Hank is just the face for the ownership.

Will Carroll has an interesting article on his top GM prospects: BP (possibly subscription only)

I'm not sure how much I can post if it's premium content, but he didn't include Chris Antonetti on the list because he says it's too obvious and he's turned down so many jobs. David Forst isn't mentioned anywhere, for no identifiable reason. Jed Hoyer is listed #1, with an Antonetti-like caveat that he'll be virtually impossible to hire unless he gets exactly what he wants because he's perfectly happy where he is. Tony Bernazard is in the also-rans at the bottom, which strikes me as odd because I've heard he's largely responsible for the Latin player clique in the Mets clubhouse and undermining Willie Randolph. A sort of rogue assistant GM, if you will, which doesn't speak highly at all of him.

Of course, the Mariners will not hire any of these people.

Will Carroll has an interesting article on his top GM prospects: BP (possibly subscription only)

I'm not sure how much I can post if it's premium content, but he didn't include Chris Antonetti on the list because he says it's too obvious and he's turned down so many jobs. David Forst isn't mentioned anywhere, for no identifiable reason. Jed Hoyer is listed #1, with an Antonetti-like caveat that he'll be virtually impossible to hire unless he gets exactly what he wants because he's perfectly happy where he is. Tony Bernazard is in the also-rans at the bottom, which strikes me as odd because I've heard he's largely responsible for the Latin player clique in the Mets clubhouse and undermining Willie Randolph. A sort of rogue assistant GM, if you will, which doesn't speak highly at all of him.

Of course, the Mariners will not hire any of these people.

It's a free article, at least for the time being.

I think Ng might have a shot but I don't have anything to back that up. Seattle just seems like an organization that, if they do "take the plunge" and go young, wouldn't hesitate to also give the job to a woman and an Asian American.

Wasn't Bernazard the infamous "highly paid translator" in the Delgado negotiations?

Archived