NEED one of the Big Three Pitchers Left

Bahama O's Fan

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

I think it could be in Cobb's best interest to sign with the O's on a one year deal bc if he has a good healthy season in the AL East he could get a mega contract next year.

I don't think it's in the O's best interest to sign anyone that costs them a draft pick to a one year deal. I'm fine with a two or three year deal, or even one structured like Arrieta's (but for less money).

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Carllamy said:

The important thing about Lefty O'Doul is that Lefty O'Doul's in San Francisco makes a pretty good sandwich.

Frankly, if I had never walked in there just on the spur of the moment, I never would have never even heard of Lefty O'Doul. Neat baseball memorabilia in there, too, as I recall (it has been a while).

Any other decent restaurants around named after baseball players? I mean, other than Dempsey's at the stadium, which is a reasonably decent place. His food could use a little "oomph" to it, but not bad, all in all.

Ozzie Smith had a rib joint in St Louis, I went to it, great food, great memorabilia.   This was in 1993 or so, I have no idea if it's still around.

39 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I don't think it's in the O's best interest to sign anyone that costs them a draft pick to a one year deal. I'm fine with a two or three year deal, or even one structured like Arrieta's (but for less money).

It is incompatible for management to be all in, except for the one player we need to actually have a chance of competing but nope, we have to save that draft pick which will help us a lot in 2024.  

If we are all in, then the draft pick comes back to us , when Manny and Alex Cobb finish spraying each other with champagne. 

But we are not all in, we are just sorta in, unless it costs us a draft pick, then, nope we are not all in.   We can sign Ubaldo and throw draft picks out the window, but not now.    And I wish we would have signed Ubaldo to a one year deal even with the draft pick...we would have been much better off. 

Sign the daggone guy...to heck with the stupid draft pick. 

3 hours ago, theobird said:

I can't wait for Cobb to sign with somebody, so the board can have its melt down and we can move on. Mike Wright will be the Orioles number 5 starter, no doubt in my mind.

Meltdown? That would mean we had expectations. 80% of the board wants us to be 20 under at the ASB and sell everyone. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Meltdown? That would mean we had expectations. 80% of the board wants us to be 20 under at the ASB and sell everyone. 

OK. Fair enough. Check back in when Cobb signs with someone else and see how it looks in here. And I have been highly critical of this front office from the beginning, at times criticized for it on here. But I do not want to be 20 games back at the all star break. We will not get anything of real value at the all star break for any of our players and that includes Manny. That ship has sailed. Jones? Nothing in return that would be better than a pick. If Schoop has a real good first half, he might bring you some value because a team would still have a year and a half from him. Davis? negative value. Trumbo? negative value. The only thing to hope for is some Oriole magic. Cashner pitches good. The old Tillman returns and Mike Wright finds himself. Go O's!

31 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

It is incompatible for management to be all in, except for the one player we need to actually have a chance of competing but nope, we have to save that draft pick which will help us a lot in 2024.  

If we are all in, then the draft pick comes back to us , when Manny and Alex Cobb finish spraying each other with champagne. 

But we are not all in, we are just sorta in, unless it costs us a draft pick, then, nope we are not all in.   We can sign Ubaldo and throw draft picks out the window, but not now.    And I wish we would have signed Ubaldo to a one year deal even with the draft pick...we would have been much better off. 

This club should not be all in.

40 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

The Orioles would not be allowed to QO Cobb.

29 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

80 percent of the board hates all the players except Manny but still want to trade Manny for a couple of prospects.

11 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Buck told me in a TV interview posted in this board that he"hopes the Oriole pitching IS finished upgrading". Really. He said that. He was trying to defend "his guys" and also not trying to look desperate to FA pitchers...but I think he was being disingenuous.

Just sign Cobb and the tenor changes.  :noidea:

Hey,  even if they do sign Cobb, there's no guarantee of anything.  But it's gotta improve their playoff odds.

42 minutes ago, atomic said:

80 percent of the board hates all the players except Manny but still want to trade Manny for a couple of prospects.

Your post made me think of this. 

“Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical” -Yogi Berra 

1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

This club should not be all in.

All in or all out is better than being in the middle of the road where you always get run over.   They are not going to rebuild until they have finished in last place three or four years in a row, so might as well sign another actual pitcher for this one year. 

Archived