Manny: “Thank God I wasn’t traded.”

Frobby

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, vatech1994 said:

Manny is such a talented player both offensively and defensively, but he has always been very hard for me to embrace beyond a clinical appreciation for his skill.   It goes beyond the couple maturity issues on the field which I personally feel were not as big an issue as they were made to feel like at the time.  I wish my lack of feelings for him wasn’t there, but it is.  His desire to live the jetset existence just doesn’t appeal to me.  To each his own, but it doesn’t endear him to me.  I will miss the talent though.

Since we are all giving opinions on him, I do think there was a window years ago to buy out a couple years of FA but I think the price was pretty near market value even then (which isn’t unreasonable) and it closed several years ago.  I agree with the general line of thinking that he wants the flash of the NY market.  I wonder a bit how he will handle it though.

I know what you mean.  If Manny wasn't an O I wouldn't be a fan aside from admiring his ability.

15 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

So much for that theory that some posters have that Manny wants on the first train out of town. :)

Manny has never said anything to suggest he wants to leave, and many times has said things indicating he’d like to stay.     I don’t think those statements necessarily mean anything, because a wise player doesn’t alienate his home fans while still under contract.    But at least he’s got the brains to say the right things.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Manny has never said anything to suggest he wants to leave, and many times has said things indicating he’d like to stay.     I don’t think those statements necessarily mean anything, because a wise player doesn’t alienate his home fans while still under contract.    But at least he’s got the brains to say the right things.    

Just because he hasn't said it, hasn't stop the posters from believing he doesn't want out.

Yes, Manny is smart enough to say the right things, that good to see in this day and age where Players like to pop off on tweeter and then oops, sorry, didnt mean that.

Archived