Tillman back. Are we happy?

esmd

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/12/more-talk-about-tillman.html

I'm sorry, if the Tigers or any other team want to pay him $10M, wish him well.  There's just no way he's worth anywhere near that coming off of the season he had.  I'd have reservations about giving him half of that.  I wouldn't blame the Orioles if they offered him a minor league deal, or a major league deal for whatever the league minimum is these days.  If he can get more than that from someone else, hey man, best wishes to you.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, esmd said:

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/12/more-talk-about-tillman.html

I'm sorry, if the Tigers or any other team want to pay him $10M, wish him well.  There's just no way he's worth anywhere near that coming off of the season he had.  I'd have reservations about giving him half of that.  I wouldn't blame the Orioles if they offered him a minor league deal, or a major league deal for whatever the league minimum is these days.  If he can get more than that from someone else, hey man, best wishes to you.

For heavens sake DD please don't bring back Tillman. Let him go. 

9 minutes ago, billw76 said:

I'd give him 4-5mil max on a one year deal. If he's looking for more or can get more somewhere else, I wish him well but at that price it's time to move on

4 to 5m guaranteed is too much for me.  It means that Buck would be committed to pitch him even if he  is  bad.  I am fine with incentive that he can earn.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

4 to 5m guaranteed is too much for me.  It means that Buck would be committed to pitch him even if he  is  bad.  I am fine with incentive that he can earn.

Unfortunately I think your right, but I think that will be the reality for any pitcher we sign this off season. We've seen that same thing happen quite often with Ubaldo, Miley, Tillman, Hellickson, Gallardo and just about anyone else that's been bad in the rotation.

I found this quote by Duquette in the article to be interesting:

"I’m not sure we have identified exactly what the solution is to getting him back to form that he was previously. That’s something that we worked on all year and we’re still taking a look at it.”

If the organization doesn't feel confident that they have a solution to fix Tillman's problem, I can't see them putting up big money to bring him back.

Archived