Of the remaining FAs, who do you want? (Excluding obvious starters)

jamalshw

Of the remaining free agents, who still interests you for the Orioles? Obviously, we all want one (or more) from the trio of Jake Arrieta, Lance Lynn, and Alex Cobb. Beyond that, who do you want and why? Another OF? If so, who? A better utility player option? If so, who?

I'd like to see Carlos Gonzalez on the right contract. I'd be interested in someone like Yunel Escobar for the Utility spot (noting that it would also require Beckham to move around some).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie Ross could be a nice addition to the pen. Zach Putnam as well. Tyler Clippard has had some success.

Not opposed to Jon Jay as a fourth outfielder.

I think I'd like to see Lucroy in our lineup.

There isn't anyone, short of one of the top pitchers, that I'd give more than a year to.

41 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

None. Spend whatever money we can on starting pitching.

39 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Jon Jay.

I pretty much agree with the former, but then again, Jon Jay at the top of the order would be nice.  That would pretty much relegate Austin Hays to Norfolk, I'd imagine.  Even if he was the RH version of a platoon, I dunno if that's enough ABs for him to develop.  I dunno.  I guess I'd just say Jay is a luxury, and I'd put him below another pitcher in priority.

34 minutes ago, esmd said:

I pretty much agree with the former, but then again, Jon Jay at the top of the order would be nice.  That would pretty much relegate Austin Hays to Norfolk, I'd imagine.  Even if he was the RH version of a platoon, I dunno if that's enough ABs for him to develop.  I dunno.  I guess I'd just say Jay is a luxury, and I'd put him below another pitcher in priority.

Depends on who that "another pitcher " is.

To me, I can see an argument made for a number of players on the right (one-year) deal. Jon Jay would be nice as a OBP option that we desperately need. Adding a cheap Moustakas (despite OBP issues) could make sense with Beckham roaming around the infield. Lucroy could be a nice upgrade behind the dish. Cargo could be an interesting flyer option if cheap enough.

Overall, I think there are still a number of players out there that could improve the team. It'll be interesting to see if the Orioles actually play on anyone else (including a Lynn or Cobb).

Nobody..Waste of money given this season’s likely outcome.  I really have little enthusiasm for any signings at this point, even pitchers,  as I think there are too many holes for this team to compete in 2018. 

I said in October they would sign Miggy and Tillman as their only pitcher upgrades.  Cashner and Tillman is pretty close to the same thing. 

45 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Nobody..Waste of money given this season’s likely outcome.  I really have little enthusiasm for any signings at this point, even pitchers,  as I think there are too many holes for this team to compete in 2018. 

I said in October they would sign Miggy and Tillman as their only pitcher upgrades.  Cashner and Tillman is pretty close to the same thing. 

Yep-fumbling the Britton trade and not trading Manny+ will cost this team for years down the road. Disgusting.

Archived