MLB Trade Rumors Predicts We Sign CarGo

Rene88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, weams said:

Hays can't throw. Something in his shoulder. No surgery for now. 

That’s a rather hysterical characterization of what’s going on.    He’s shut down for a few days with a sore lat and got a cortisone injection to calm it down.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Ideal OD roster for me right now, 

Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn, Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier,Wright, Ynoa/Cortes

1.  Cargo RF

2.  Schoop 2B

3.  Machado SS

4.  Jones CF

5. Davis 1B

6.  Mancini LF

7.  Trumbo DH

8. Beckham 3B

9.  Sisco C

Joseph, Santander, Rasmus, Util IF

After 44 days Gentry/Rickard come up for Santander.  

I really like this team. I hope  Hays gets back soon, but I like Cargo. A lot of people are down on him and I get it at this point, but I've always been a fan. I know it's the O's, but it just makes so much sense to sign one of those remaining pitchers. I think we're more likely to see Cobb/Lynn signed, Rasmus starting and Gentry/Rickard taking the Rasmus bench spot you propose.

5 minutes ago, Orsulak4Prez said:

I really like this team. I hope  Hays gets back soon, but I like Cargo. A lot of people are down on him and I get it at this point, but I've always been a fan. I know it's the O's, but it just makes so much sense to sign one of those remaining pitchers. I think we're more likely to see Cobb/Lynn signed, Rasmus starting and Gentry/Rickard taking the Rasmus bench spot you propose.

I agree. Patience throughout the offseason has clearly paid off by now presenting the opportunity of several top pitchers on the market probably feeling a little desperate. Now is the time to be aggressive and try to sign at least one of these guys to a high dollar, shorter term deal. I’d take any of these guys on a 2-3 year deal. Don’t try to pinch pennies at this juncture; you’ve more than likely gotten the years down, just be aggressive and ink a guy. We’ve clearly decided that we’re going for it this year, so freakin go for it.

On CarGo, I know opinions are rather split, but if you can get him on a reasonable one year deal, I’m all for it. He could have a big year at OPACY. 

17 minutes ago, Orsulak4Prez said:

Rickard is not looking good, according to the eye test from ST.

9 hours ago, pdiddy said:

Cobb at 3/42 would be solid.  The Twins at 2/12 for Lynn were cold blooded.  I'd definitely throw out a 2/20 for him to see if he'd bite.

My shoot the moon approach this year is to get both Cobb and Lynn...5 years of pitching for $60M is a pretty good deal.  Make it happen DD!

I agree. The market is setting up perfectly for DD...at that rate no reason we can't add both.  If we somehow did that, then our bullpen just got that much better!

Maybe the Orioles have agreements with all the remaining free agents and the agreements have been sitting on ngelos' desk waiting for approval for the last 3 months and that is what has been the hold up in the free agent market. 

9 minutes ago, esmd said:

One of CarGo/Jay and one of Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn would seem to certainly make us a better team.  But my bet is we're done acquiring notable FAs.

Boras is off his rocks, if he thinks Arrieta is as good as Verlander or Scherzer.

1. Jake Arrieta

Arrieta is the top pitcher and top free agent remaining, but he holds that distinction in a market where no club appears poised to offer even four years to any free agent at this point. Agent Scott Boras compared Arrieta to Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer earlier this offseason, but it seems abundantly clear that a contract in that duo’s $180-210MM range isn’t happening. (Such numbers always seemed far-fetched.)

No argument there, at least not now.  He could've made that argument if he as a FA after 2015 or maybe even 2016.  Either way, Jake isn't getting anywhere near that.  If he gets a deal similar to Chen's or Samardzjia's (sic), he should count his blessings and jump on it.  My bet is he takes a 1 year deal with as high an AAV as Boras can get, and hope he reverts back to his 2015/2016 form or close to it.

Either way, the point of my post was that I think the O's are done in the FA market, no matter what the prices are.  Maybe they'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Ideal OD roster for me right now, 

Arrieta/Cobb/Lynn, Bundy, Gausman, Cashner, Tillman

Brach, Givens, O’day, Castro, Bleier,Wright, Ynoa/Cortes

1.  Cargo RF

2.  Schoop 2B

3.  Machado SS

4.  Jones CF

5. Davis 1B

6.  Mancini LF

7.  Trumbo DH

8. Beckham 3B

9.  Sisco C

Joseph, Santander, Rasmus, Util IF

After 44 days Gentry/Rickard come up for Santander.  

I agree for the most part that this is ideal.  However, I would much r ather keep Cortes and option Ynoa.  Also explore if you can keep Araujo/Mesa over Castro.

44 minutes ago, atomic said:

Maybe the Orioles have agreements with all the remaining free agents and the agreements have been sitting on ngelos' desk waiting for approval for the last 3 months and that is what has been the hold up in the free agent market. 

LOL... made me chuckle.

Archived