Orioles to offer free UD seats ALL season to kids

fearthenoodle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also some other new ideas and upgrades:

:Kids’ Corner: Beginning in May, children and parents will enjoy an expanded and reimagined Kids’ Corner located adjacent to Gate C. The new Kids’ Corner will offer entertainment for younger fans, including The Bird House, a new interactive treehouse activity center and jungle gym for children. Other kid-friendly elements will remain, including a moon bounce, Skee-ball, Orioles throwing inflatable, larger-than-life Oriole Bird bobbleheads and more. The Kids’ Corner will also offer new food and beverage options, enhanced video entertainment and lounge areas for parents.

For the 2018 season, the club has revised food and beverage offerings to emphasize fan choice by providing small, medium and large portion options at new price points throughout the ballpark. The Orioles have long offered one of the most family-friendly food and beverage policies in the sports industry, which invites families to bring their own food and beverages into the ballpark.

New this year, the Orioles’ popular fireworks series will be expanded to occur following every Friday from May through August, allowing fans the opportunity to enjoy the popular postgame activity following eight games this season. Additionally, beginning in May, Friday games will feature on-field, postgame performances by select music artists leading into the fireworks show. Saturday games will feature on-field, pregame performances to launch the club’s pregame festivities.

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/03/orioles-announce-kids-cheer-free-initiative-new-kids-programs-and-family-friendly-amenities.html

1 minute ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Great initiative by the organization.  Those seats are for the most part just sitting empty anyway....get people in there spending money on something, or at least developing their fan-dom.  Lot of credit due for taking a bold step like this.

Also kids eat at the stadium ,sometimes alot. Not sure what they will get for the weekday games till school is out but the weekends should have some takers. 

This is great. As someone with a 4 year old daughter the new

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also some other new ideas and upgrades:

:Kids’ Corner: Beginning in May, children and parents will enjoy an expanded and reimagined Kids’ Corner located adjacent to Gate C. The new Kids’ Corner will offer entertainment for younger fans, including The Bird House, a new interactive treehouse activity center and jungle gym for children. Other kid-friendly elements will remain, including a moon bounce, Skee-ball, Orioles throwing inflatable, larger-than-life Oriole Bird bobbleheads and more. The Kids’ Corner will also offer new food and beverage options, enhanced video entertainment and lounge areas for parents.

For the 2018 season, the club has revised food and beverage offerings to emphasize fan choice by providing small, medium and large portion options at new price points throughout the ballpark. The Orioles have long offered one of the most family-friendly food and beverage policies in the sports industry, which invites families to bring their own food and beverages into the ballpark.

New this year, the Orioles’ popular fireworks series will be expanded to occur following every Friday from May through August, allowing fans the opportunity to enjoy the popular postgame activity following eight games this season. Additionally, beginning in May, Friday games will feature on-field, postgame performances by select music artists leading into the fireworks show. Saturday games will feature on-field, pregame performances to launch the club’s pregame festivities.

http://www.masnsports.com/orioles-buzz/2018/03/orioles-announce-kids-cheer-free-initiative-new-kids-programs-and-family-friendly-amenities.html

Sounds great.  Maybe I will make kids opening day. 

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

This is great, but keep in mind this is for "regularly priced" games only. So no Yankees, Red Sox, or most weekend games.

it is for a regularly prices ticket depending on what game you go to. Each ticket might have a different price point. Have every game in April except Opening Day, Not sure what they will do with Yankees  and Red Sox,

Great move, it does seem like it is only for the month of April though. I hope they extend it throughout the season and include all games or most. This is what baseball needs, numbers in the seats and especially kids. Cost for a family of four to attend sports is always a big topic and this helps that.

Just now, scbalt52 said:

Great move, it does seem like it is only for the month of April though. I hope they extend it throughout the season and include all games or most. This is what baseball needs, numbers in the seats and especially kids. Cost for a family of four to attend sports is always a big topic and this helps that.

Says will release on a month by month basis. Just a heads up and not sure if system is having trouble but the April 29th game has no more tickets for free.The weekends might go quick.

42 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also kids eat at the stadium ,sometimes alot. Not sure what they will get for the weekday games till school is out but the weekends should have some takers. 

The next step is to attack the weeknight issue. 

Curious how it plays out.  

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

Wow - that is awesome.  

Naturally my oldest is now 11 and my middle child turns 10 in May lol.  I do still have my daughter at 6 though, so we'll at least take advantage of that for her for sure!

My oldest is 11 and my youngest will turn 10 on July 7th.  They're Wilts, so they could pass for 7.  But they're Wilts, so we won't lie to save a few bucks.

But good for the Orioles.  Too much of baseball seems to be focused on generating profits from existing 63-year-old fans at the expense of the under-nine crowd who will be your revenue sources for the next 50+ years.

3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dang, there is no way that this organization does anything for anybody for free !!!!!!  :)  :) 

:clap:

o

I got free season tickets for the 2009 season (I was "Fan of the Game" for one of the final 3 games of the season in September of 2008.) ll B|

o

Archived