My Perfect Baseball Team 2008

mefogus

A perfect team is very subjective. It is not necessarily the one that would win the most games (although they would likely do very well). Instead, a perfect team is one that would compel me to buy season tickets and hike up to B-More every weekend.

* C - Joe Mauer

* 1B - Albert Pujols

* 2B - Chase Utley

* 3B - David Wright

* SS - Hanley Ramirez

* LF - Rick Ankiel

* CF - Ichiro Suzuki

* RF - Nick Markakis

* DH - Prince Fielder

* P - Jake Peavey

* P - Brandon Webb

* P - Johan Santana

* P - Ben Sheets

* P - Felix Hernandez

* RL - Carlos Marmol

* RL - Jim Johnson

* CL - Kerry Wood

more details on my site...

-m

I have to say that I'm pretty surprised, even as a Cubs fan, that you went with Wood as your closer. While I think he's very good and his early season struggles will be insignificant when you look back at his career as a closer, I think it's too early to choose him over closers like Joe Nathan, K-Rod, Papelbon, and even crusty old Mariano Rivera whom all have had sustained success.

I know you said they weren't necessarily the best, but still.

I have to say that I'm pretty surprised, even as a Cubs fan, that you went with Wood as your closer. While I think he's very good and his early season struggles will be insignificant when you look back at his career as a closer, I think it's too early to choose him over closers like Joe Nathan, K-Rod, Papelbon, and even crusty old Mariano Rivera whom all have had sustained success.

I know you said they weren't necessarily the best, but still.

Who wants guys like Nathan and Rivera? They will likely convert 95% of their saves... I want a guy that makes me sweat a little.

;)

-m

Archived