Manny's glove.

Natty

1 minute ago, Natty said:

Manny has won gold gloves and a platinum glove. This year what would you call his glove award chances so far. 

Stone glove or rubber glove? 

What happened? 

Some idiot thought it would be a good idea to move him from third to shortstop.  ;)

Just now, Norfolk orioles said:

He wasn't that great last year at 3b either. Davis saved him a ton of errors last year.

All the weight gained has killed his defense. Same thing that happened to A-roid.

He is thinner this year. Made a nice play the other night. 

His issues at times are mental. Lack of focus. 

3 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Himself? 

I'm sure of it.  He knows realistically that come next year there's a 95% chance that he'll be playing for another team, and his value will likely be highest to them as a shortstop.  Last year with the O's is a great opportunity to train up on the position. 

23 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I'm sure of it.  He knows realistically that come next year there's a 95% chance that he'll be playing for another team, and his value will likely be highest to them as a shortstop.  Last year with the O's is a great opportunity to train up on the position. 

Bbbbbbut he said, it's not about the $$$$!  It's about playing the game he loves at the position he loves with his buddy by his side.  And truthfully, I do not doubt he believes that.

I think the worst case scenario is going to play out. Manny plays a bad SS and struggles on offense this year. Our demands are too high in a trade and he walks at the end of the year for just a pick. 

The Orioles often make the worst possible decisions they can make. 

38 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I think the worst case scenario is going to play out. Manny plays a bad SS and struggles on offense this year. Our demands are too high in a trade and he walks at the end of the year for just a pick. 

The Orioles often make the worst possible decisions they can make. 

If he plays badly enough we might sign him.   

2 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

But why would we give him what he wants? Why would we want to INCREASE his value for other teams to offer him more? He was elite at 3B. He has never consistently played SS at the MLB level. He might be great, but he might now. Why try it now? Pacify him? Fine, if he had agreed to an extension.

He's not near elite at SS defensively. We'll see how this plays out, but if he's going to stick to the mantra of I'm signing with a team to play SS, he better expect a pay cut unless he starts hitting the cover off the ball.

Archived