vs. RED SOX, 4/13

OFFNY

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Since'54 said:

What is not irrelevant is that our veteran centerfielder failed to run out the ball.  He slow-jogged to first and halfway to second before belatedly realizing the ball was in play.  Definitely cost a run due to lazy baserunning. 

I wouldn't say lazy, but I would say he lost focus. If the game was 0-0 I betcha he's not jogging there. I think players lose focus when their starters bury them early.

25 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Of course. I just think the umps missed this. The ball was sitting behind the tarp not moving. At that point it should be dead. 

Balls have rolled into corners in the OF and stopped and fielders have to chase them down as the runner circles the bases.

10 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Coming into tonight, take away Beckam's 1st 17 games with #Orioles when he hit like Babe Ruth, he's slashed 218/.269/.355/.624 in his last 212 PAs.

I've said it since they signed him and I'll keep saying it he IS NOT a starter in the major leagues not good enough offensively or especially defensively

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Balls have rolled into corners in the OF and stopped and fielders have to chase them down as the runner circles the bases.

Is there a tarp there?  I copied rule right from MLB directly. I think umps were wrong here. 

Adam did not hustle and Tillman sucks. Does not change any of that. 

17 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Or maybe he actually agreed to give Tillman a shot and was just wrong.  It seems like every time a decision goes wrong, there are some who then say well, that was not Dan...that was the owner, or Brady, or Buck...or Boog..(I was running out of Bs)..either way, since I don’t like to parse it,in my book,  the guy with the GM after his name and getting the paycheck for it gets the blame for personnel. 

And in every other major league organization you would be right. But that's not how the Orioles work. A quantum computing chip has a simpler organization then the Orioles chain of command.

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

I've said it since they signed him and I'll keep saying it he IS NOT a starter in the major leagues not good enough offensively or especially defensively

Well, I think I've made myself clear when the trade was made. Never liked the trade, and especially hate it now that he's third baseman. 

Archived