June 21st vs. the Brew Crew

J.D.

Cabrera at least looks like he could develop power. ;)

The question is... why on earth isn't Cintron starting over Bynum?

I think they've decided Cintron's arm would literally fall off if he played more than 2 or 3 times a week... and I don't necessarily disagree with them.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow... Cabrera's awful at the plate.

Of course he is. He's an AL pitcher that never has to bat. He's never batted in the minors and in 132 games that he's played major league level, he's had 10 plate appearances.

Gary Thorne is dead wrong to expect an AL pitcher that never bats to take batting practice weekly to try and improve their hitting/bunting skill for what, 3-4 AB's a year? Palmer is right, "This is the 21st Century"...

I think they've decided Cintron's arm would literally fall off if he played more than 2 or 3 times a week... and I don't necessarily disagree with them.

At least we'd get a few weeks of competent offensive production out of him before he losted his arm.

*fistbump*

Up to 5 straight Ks for D-Cab.

From around the majors....I have the O's on the big screen, the Nats on the second TV, and the MLB Mosaic showing 6 different games on my computer screen. Some beer, chips and dip...and the Hangout Game Thread. What more can you ask for.

Notes from around the majors: The Astros, wearing the vintage 1980s rainbow uni's, have the bases loaded against Tampa in the top of the 7th, down 2-1 but threatening. Toronto is losing 4-0 and the Yankees and Red Sox already lost, so it's not out of the question that we could gain a game on every team in the division tonight like we did yesterday.

Of course he is. He's an AL pitcher that never has to bat. He's never batted in the minors and in 132 games that he's played major league level, he's had 10 plate appearances.

Gary Thorne is dead wrong to expect an AL pitcher that never bats to take batting practice weekly to try and improve their hitting/bunting skill for what, 3-4 AB's a year? Palmer is right, "This is the 21st Century"...

Well, I KNEW he was going to be bad. It's kinda like hearing about a train wreck nearby, knowing it's going to be an ugly scene, showing up and being surprised at exactly how bad it is.

That's kinda like watching Daniel Cabrera try to bunt.

I can't believe you did that...

Close call on Braun... that woulda been on you...

At least we'd get a few weeks of competent offensive production out of him before he losted his arm.

*fistbump*

Up to 5 straight Ks for D-Cab.

I did it twice.

Ouch. Corey Hart just took him deep. That's not on me. I said the walks. Not the space ship that just took off.

How old are you wrb?

If you are 40 or older you might remember Oriole pitcher (25 game winner & Cy Young winner) Steve Stone facing JR Richard in the 1980 All Star Game. Richard was one of the hardest throwing pitchers in baseball history. I've never seen anyone so overmatched. Stone was just happy to get out of the batters box alive.

Too young to have seen that, I'm sure there have been worse but that was easily one of the worst I've seen live/in person.

Archived