vs. TIGERS, 4/17

OFFNY

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORIOLE33 said:

The one and only way this team will truly get better is by all out tanking the next few years. I’m being dead serious .

Well if they actually tank games, I won't follow the team.  Why would I when losses are guaranteed?

But they do need to rebuild big time.

1 minute ago, TDG27 said:

Well now 5-12 how much longer til changes are made? Buck and Coolbaugh keep saying the weather but that sounds like 2 guys grabbing onto any excuse they can. If I was Dan and actually cared a little they both would be gone.

Do you think Duquette has the authority to fire Showalter or Coolbaugh? I have no idea, but if I had to guess I'd say he doesn't.

1 minute ago, TDG27 said:

Well now 5-12 how much longer til changes are made? Buck and Coolbaugh keep saying the weather but that sounds like 2 guys grabbing onto any excuse they can. If I was Dan and actually cared a little they both would be gone.

Are Buck and Coolbaugh really placing some of the blame on the weather?  It's not like the opposing team is hitting in 85 degree weather.  This team suffers from mediocre pitching, poor fielding and atrocious offense.  

That isn't all going to get suddenly better when the temps reach the 80's.  

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Are Buck and Coolbaugh really placing some of the blame on the weather?  It's not like the opposing team is hitting in 85 degree weather.  This team suffers from mediocre pitching, poor fielding and atrocious offense.  

That isn't all going to get suddenly better when the temps reach the 80's.  

Orioles train farther south in Florida than some of the other teams they have played. Don’t forget that.  

Just now, Oriol3s said:

While Davis has fallen off more than anyone predicted, signing a one-position guy who is an all-or-nothing hitter was risky at the time of the signing.  Forward-thinking isn't just thinking about the future, but doing so in a comprehensive way that takes ALL possibilities into account.  The Orioles SEEM to assume that all their players will have career years the next season, which is why they keep everyone.  It kind of worked in 2012 and 2014.

Any minimally informed fan could see it was a bad signing at the time. It was one of those signings you are only semi-excited about, even as an Oriole-goggle wearing fan. Davis always had tremendous holes in his swing. Once the power disappeared, he is toast.

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Do you think Duquette has the authority to fire Showalter or Coolbaugh? I have no idea, but if I had to guess I'd say he doesn't.

Probably not at this stage.  The Warehouse might as well be San Quentin for Dan.

Archived