Unique way to fix baseball - Pay for Performance

Redskins Rick

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23366111/radical-ideas-series-mlb-players-were-paid-commission

Mods please allow here for initial discussion.

Our plan to fix this

Pay players after the fact based directly on performance. Everybody is working on commission. Baseball players are all professional golfers now.

Makes a ton of sense.

Has no chance in hades of ever happening

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, atomic said:

Or they could pay all the players the same amount and if you get sent down or DFA you don't get any major league salary.  

I like that, but that has no chance either. Trout is not going to want to make the same amount of money as the backup catcher on the bench.

One reason I enjoy watching professional golf more than baseball. Miss the cut go home without a paycheck

Miss enough cuts and you lose your tour card.

Truly only the best of the best instead of some of the best and Chris Davis

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

One reason I enjoy watching professional golf more than baseball. Miss the cut go home without a paycheck

Miss enough cuts and you lose your tour card.

Truly only the best of the best instead of some of the best and Chris Davis

I believe some of the tournaments pay the bigger names to showup, and they make money, regardless of how well they do or dont do.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I believe some of the tournaments pay the bigger names to showup, and they make money, regardless of how well they do or dont do.

This happens in tennis and other tournament focused pro sports, no? 

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

This happens in tennis and other tournament focused pro sports, no? 

Tennis is a pro sport, wow, who would have known. :):):)

I image it does, I dont follow tennis at all. Not even Wimbledon and I lived just north of London for 3 years, and the Brits love their tennis. :)

38 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

The events don't pay the players to show up (at least official PGA Tour events, some silly season and events associated with other tours might), but most of the top players have sponsors out the wazoo who get paid to play certain brands of clubs, wear clothes, advertise on their hat, golf bag, etc. 

Right, and Managers Coaches and Players are paid minimum wage. They only get paid more if they make the playoffs. GMs only cash a check if the team wins the World Series.

Here's another idea: only the owner gets paid. Ushers are volunteers, just like the players, coaches, grounds crew, broadcast team...EVERYBODY is a volunteer. They all volunteer for the love of the game. Owners reap all the reward. It's the American Dream. Or at least some people's version of it.

45 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

One reason I enjoy watching professional golf more than baseball. Miss the cut go home without a paycheck.

That's the reason you like golf more than baseball. I can't imagine what other warped ideas dominate your psyche.

2 minutes ago, lazyjc22 said:

The events don't pay the players to show up (at least official PGA Tour events, some silly season and events associated with other tours might), but most of the top players have sponsors out the wazoo who get paid to play certain brands of clubs, wear clothes, advertise on their hat, golf bag, etc. 

I thought when they had the Congressional here, they talked about how much it cost for them to invite Tiger to play.

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

One reason I enjoy watching professional golf more than baseball. Miss the cut, go home without a paycheck.

34 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

That's the reason you like golf more than baseball ??? I can't imagine what other warped ideas dominate your psyche.

o

This is an inadvertently hilarious post by Webbrick.

If bullseye shooting and polo have similar policies in regard to salary for its participants, I suppose that he would like watching those more than baseball, also.

o

Archived