When do you think Manny will be traded?

El Gordo

44 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

We have seats to fill. Next year is next year.  Teams can turn it around fast in 

MLB, unlike other sports.

The fastest way to turn the team around is to get long term talent in exchange for players who are short-termers here.   

• Luke-OH changed the title to When do you think Manny will be traded?
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The fastest way to turn the team around is to get long term talent in exchange for players who are short-termers here.   

I think there could be more interest than we think in Brach, O’Day and Britton IF  they are pitching effectively before the deadline.   Even Jones might return a useful piece or two and we could still seek to sign him if we wanted to...I don’t, but some might.   Best case scenario is Zach comes back near like the Zach of old and is shutdown closer again. 

23 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I think there could be more interest than we think in Brach, O’Day and Britton IF  they are pitching effectively before the deadline.   Even Jones might return a useful piece or two and we could still seek to sign him if we wanted to...I don’t, but some might.   Best case scenario is Zach comes back near like the Zach of old and is shutdown closer again. 

Jones to Seattle. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I agree. No to the seats. Make it a fun park for kids for a couple years. 

On 5/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, elgordo said:

Will he be traded and if so when?

Before ASB

After ASB

Trade Deadline

Never

I think it will be close to the dead line, by then the teams that need that EXTRA PUSH to compete for the coveted PO spots will offer a package, and I think in the O's favor that it may be more then one team.

2 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I was thinking the same thing Sunday but their minor league system sucks. I think I'd rather extend him on the cheap or get the draft pick.

I honestly am not sure that a team would sign Jones if a draft pick is attached to him.  

3 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I was thinking the same thing Sunday but their minor league system sucks. I think I'd rather extend him on the cheap or get the draft pick.

Why would you extend a guy who is below replacement level, and is the worst defensive CF'er in MLB?

and what draft pick, even the O's aren't stupid enough to make a QO to Jones, he will be in the 2/15 range for whomever signs him, although he could get way more if Angelos/Brady sign him.

9 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Why would you extend a guy who is below replacement level, and is the worst defensive CF'er in MLB?

and what draft pick, even the O's aren't stupid enough to make a QO to Jones, he will be in the 2/15 range for whomever signs him, although he could get way more if Angelos/Brady sign him.

I could see the Orioles hanging a QO on Jones, but he's a guy that HAS to take it if the O's are that dumb. If he doesn't, he's in the Moustakas situation next year...but worse.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:47 PM, rudyrooster said:

Before the All-Star break.  Hopefully.

^ What he said.  The sooner they move him, the more value the acquiring team gets, and hopefully that corresponds with the value they get in return.

On 5/18/2018 at 3:38 PM, OFFNY said:

oThe Orioles don't trade Machado, and they sign him to a long-term extension at season's end ........ perhaps 10 years for $275 Million.

I’d like it much better if they do trade him for something, anything and then sign him. It’s not an extension if he’s no longer under contract.

But I agree with MM, the Orioles expect too much in return for a rental. And that’s what he is, regardless of how great he’s playing right now.

They get no return and get a pick. Signing him isn’t out of the question. How Angelos could be convinced by whom ever sold him on Davis and not be convinced that Machado is more valuable to the franchise is beyond me.

But there you have it.

No one has discussed the worst case scenario

The Orioles fail to trade him, then he has a severe injury in September, requiring a 1 year rehab, so the O's have to give him a QO, paying him 15 million to re-hab for all of 2019, like they did with Britton this year, or they don't make the QO he signs with another team and the O's manage to not even get a comp pick for him.

34 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

No one has discussed the worst-case scenario ........

o

I would be a rich man if I could bet on how many times YOU would be the poster that would bring this particular concept to the table in regard to each and every subject that ever comes up on the OH.

o

Archived