Who would you hire to replace Buck?

TonySoprano

6 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

And for that matter, it will probably won't matter who the GM is, either.

Especially that.  The guy who reloads the copier would be just as effective and a lot cheaper.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Especially that.  The guy who reloads the copier would be just as effective and a lot cheaper.

Does anyone have any faith that the Angelos/Anderson cabal will have any sway with a GM and/or manager that will be of any value?   I know I don't. 

2 hours ago, Aglets said:

In a perfect world I would hire Brady Anderson to do it just so that he has some accountability in the organization.  

But that won't happen.

Realistically the best option is probably Girardi.  As much as we loathed the guy when he was with NY I felt like he really helped those Yankee teams achieve more than they should have.

I’m with you on Gerardi. I never thought I’d say that. And agreed about him getting the most out of those despised Yankee teams. 

Brady would take too long styling his hair with “product”, evening up his sideburns and putting on his yoga pants under his uniform pants. 

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Were the Angelos-Anderson cabal to fire Buck during the season, my guess is John Russell would handle the job until a permanent replacement is hired.  I am doubtful this will occur and believe Buck finishes the contract he is paid to perform.

Therefore, for this exercise, it's the offseason, and a search begins.  This isn't who do you think they will hire with all the internecine organizational politics but rather who should they hire?  Make your case to the Angelos family and Brady.

I have no idea. They should hire a GM first then let him/her hire who they want as manager. 

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

In a perfect world I would hire Brady Anderson to do it just so that he has some accountability in the organization.  

But that won't happen.

Realistically the best option is probably Girardi.  As much as we loathed the guy when he was with NY I felt like he really helped those Yankee teams achieve more than they should have.

Girardi would never work for Angelos.  Why he want to work for such a dysfunctional organization as this one? And no I  don't loathe that man at all. 

Hardy would be interesting if the roster is completely overhauled at the deadline/during the offseason.  Wouldn't want to have a manager who recently played with a lot of guys on the team. Caleb Joseph might also be an interesting choice.

Have a feeling Buck is promoted to GM with Brady continuing his undefined role. John Russel becomes manager. 

Step 1 - Brady as GM

Step 2 - Cal as manager

Step 3 - Raffy at 1B

The "new look"  Baltimore Orioles..........

"Come back and see the team you love(d)!"

Man the marketing ideas would be endless at least.

Archived