Steve Goings is a Terp

ccbird

I think the real story on Gilchrist is simple. He is fuzzy on what the word "commitment" means. :noidea:

Given the Va Tech situation I think you may be right on Gus but it is not like this is the only time that a guy backed out. There is something that is not right there.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a huge Terp fan and I have been a Gary apologist but something is rotten in College Park. Too many guys that should not have been offered wound up there. Will Bowers, Fofana Shane Walker Andre Collins etc.

Dude, the list is far longer then that. Dixon, Baxter, Profit, Stokes, Smith...

Mosley, Kim, and Goins is a pretty solid recruiting class.

Based on what is that a "solid" recruiting class? Mosley is the only player of the three that will see anytime next year on a team that isn't going to be very good. You state Goins was being recruited by South Florida. Does that make him a good player? How many Big East games have they won lately? He was also recruited by powerhouses like Chicago-Ill, Texas-Corpus Christi, and Detroit.

Kim is no way ready to play at the ACC level for at least 2 or 3 years. Mosley is a decent player but not an instant superstar at that level. He is not quick and isn't much of a shooter. He is a smart player but don't be deceived about being the Baltimore player of the year. So was Dino Gregory.

Recruiting classes like that get ACC coaches fired.

Based on what is that a "solid" recruiting class? Mosley is the only player of the three that will see anytime next year on a team that isn't going to be very good. You state Goins was being recruited by South Florida. Does that make him a good player? How many Big East games have they won lately? He was also recruited by powerhouses like Chicago-Ill, Texas-Corpus Christi, and Detroit.

Kim is no way ready to play at the ACC level for at least 2 or 3 years. Mosley is a decent player but not an instant superstar at that level. He is not quick and isn't much of a shooter. He is a smart player but don't be deceived about being the Baltimore player of the year. So was Dino Gregory.

Recruiting classes like that get ACC coaches fired.

LOL, where do you come off with some of this stuff? Mosley was the Metro Player of the Year, Gregory wasn't. Mosley is the second highest career scorer in Maryland HS history. He's an instant impact player, not decent.

Kim won't be ready for 2-3 years? Based on what? If I didn't know that you're just a troll, I'd really wonder what you base these things on.

Being a major Terp fan since the '60's (was there when Gary played), I'm enjoying the banter. I think this will be a Gary year. He has his back up against the wall by fans, alum, & the AD, & I think he'll come out fighting & make this bunch a good team. I've never liked Dupree, saw him at Calvert Hall many times, but he has trimmed down & muscled up. Now if Gary can get him to play. I'm cautious about Kim(tall & skinny) but am encouraged by the addition of Goins & Mosely. I really think Mosely will help this year. Again thanks guys.

LOL, where do you come off with some of this stuff? Mosley was the Metro Player of the Year, Gregory wasn't. Mosley is the second highest career scorer in Maryland HS history. He's an instant impact player, not decent.

Kim won't be ready for 2-3 years? Based on what? If I didn't know that you're just a troll, I'd really wonder what you base these things on.

I base it on seeing both players play several times. How many times have you seen either one of them?

Comparing Kim to Mike Dunleavy is just complete and utter wishful thinking.

I love how you resort to calling someone a "troll" but they don't share your blind loyalist opinion. Why don't you grow up.

As per his bio Gregory was POY

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/gregory_dino00.html

Mosley should be an instant impact player, I see him as a power guard similar to Bruce Dalrymple was at Tech-he will add strength and toughness, something this team is sorely lacking. He is their second best player.

Kim is not ready defensively, simply not strong enough. The coach at Winchedon (coached Evans and Turner) said "he needs to make significant strength gains to have an impact in the ACC". Don't be surprised if he is red-shirted.

Gregory was City POY, I believe Delaney was the Metro POY, which is what Mosley won (in addition to City POY).

As for Kim, I agree he needs to add strength before he becomes a solid starter in the ACC, but strength isn't the biggest thing for a wing player, nor do I suspect it will prevent him from being a role player next season.

I base it on seeing both players play several times. How many times have you seen either one of them?

You've been scouting South Kent Prep this season, have you? For some reason I'm skeptical of that one.

You've been scouting South Kent Prep this season, have you? For some reason I'm skeptical of that one.

I saw him in a tournament in New England in 2006 and in Upper Marlboro in Dec 2007. I really don't care how skeptical you are or not. Again how many times have you seen him?

I saw that game this year, too. Kim scored a dozen against one of the top prep teams in the country as I recall it. Pretty terrible performance that day. :eek:

12 points in a high school game. That makes him a college superstar. Sorry. I never said he was terrible.

Nor did I say he would be a superstar. In fact I said Kim will likely be a role player in the backcourt next year, but he is not 2-3 years away from being able to contribute at the ACC level, he has too many skills to rot on the bench for that long.

And of course 12 points isn't bad at all once you consider the level of competition he faces regularly and the fact that his team had six guys who will be playing high major college basketball. He's not exactly playing in the local county league.

Nor did I say he would be a superstar. In fact I said Kim will likely be a role player in the backcourt next year, but he is not 2-3 years away from being able to contribute at the ACC level, he has too many skills to rot on the bench for that long.

And of course 12 points isn't bad at all once you consider the level of competition he faces regularly and the fact that his team had six guys who will be playing high major college basketball. He's not exactly playing in the local county league.

Do you really think he has the quickness and footwork to play in the backcourt? Remember GW thought that was their major defensive issue last year. There is only so many minutes to go around and they already have Vasquez, Milbourne, Bowie, Hayes and Tucker on the wing. Why burn a year on a kid who could be a major contributor down the line?

BTW Kim has really moved on the RSCI rankings ('09) with two top 50's. He's now a top 80 class of '09.

It could be a possibility that he red shirts, but then, why bring him in rather a year early rather than leaving him at South Kent where he can play 30+ games against high level HS competition? He does need to improve his quickness and so forth, but he has excellent height and length which should help him with his perimeter defense. I suspect that we will see a lot of four guard sets or at least lineups where Milbourne plays the "four" which would open up some more time for Kim, but that's yet to be determined. My hope is that if Kim is a Terp next year, he will at least see spot minutes to provide three point shooting that is lacking in the backcourt.

Archived