Speculation piece lists Bundy as a player that could be traded

Greg Pappas

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hays was the #21 prospect in all on baseball according to Baseball America.   Where is he now.     if the O's trade Bundy or Gausman they will be the next Arrieta and the O's will be hold their breath hoping what they get in return is anywhere as good in 4 years.      

I am not trading players that are pretty  close to sure things to help the team win  in th future for a bunch of question marks at the deadline.    Trade any of the current O's that are free agents at the end of 2018.    Watch who steps up on the farm in the next three months.  And address the issue again in the off season.

Welcome to a guaranteed extended stay in the cellar.

4 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

We need to totally rebuild our infield and if we can do it by dealing Gausman and Bundy you push ahead with those plans. You have my blessings.

But then you have to rebuild the pitching staff, darned if you and darned if you don't.  Oh and who will be leading this rebuilding effort?  

Uncertainty looms over this organization, and there is no guarantee the Orioles will be able to pull off an Astros or Indians style rebuild.

Prospects and a rebuild all sounds great, until it isnt.   Prospects are just that and no way to know how they will turn out.  How well does this organization do with prospects?   What makes anybody think it will turn out so well?

Just now, MagicBird said:

Prospects and a rebuild all sounds great, until it isnt.   Prospects are just that and no way to know how they will turn out.  How well does this organization do with prospects?   What makes anybody think it will turn out so well?

What's the worst that can happen?  They go 20-50?

1 minute ago, clapdiddy said:

Agreed.  The only caveat I have to any trade is our front office and development personnel.  Right now, I'm not sure that I trust either of these departments to produce.  

Yeah, you probably have Duquette and Brady giving inputs on trades, and there is always the factor of the Angelos vetoing a trade (Colin Moran) based on an injury report.  

If everything goes wrong you could end up with another 2000 trade deadline debacle.  

43 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hays was the #21 prospect in all on baseball according to Baseball America.   Where is he now.     if the O's trade Bundy or Gausman they will be the next Arrieta and the O's will be hold their breath hoping what they get in return is anywhere as good in 4 years.      

I am not trading players that are pretty  close to sure things to help the team win  in th future for a bunch of question marks at the deadline.    Trade any of the current O's that are free agents at the end of 2018.    Watch who steps up on the farm in the next three months.  And address the issue again in the off season.

You think Kevin is close is a sure thing?

This team is 20-50. There really should not be any player off limits at this point.

Even ignoring the record, what makes people believe that any combo of talent is going to be able to compete with Boston and New York? I mean talent already in the system.

They need to do their absolute best in acquiring young cost controlled talent during this deadline and hope that some of it pans out in a year or two. 

Archived