All-Stars announced

Goop

BTW-Anyone else shocked Francona didn't pick any of his own pitchers? I'm not surprised he picked Varitek (even though he can't hit worth crap this year) but I'm a bit surprised Beckett or Lester weren't picked by their manager.

It was the other players who picked Varitek.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't want them to get injured?

Agreed, extra rest with them in a pennant race. I'd have done the same thing. Pretty smart managing by Francona if you ask me. He'll get Varitek to study each pitcher he catches as well.

They haven't announced those players yet but I bet some of the teams with only one representative will get names on the Final Ballot vote. I can't think of any snubs in the AL aside from Brian although I think Tampa Bay may get another player on that ballot.

My bad....the list is up and it REALLY sucks. Brian has no shot at getting that vote. :(

Is this an attempted reverse jinx or something? I think Brian's competition is about as weak as it could possibly be. Two of the other four guys have gotten in a lot more steroid trouble, Jermaine Dye is a player that isn't well known except among serious fans, and Longoria is a rookie who wasn't even in the majors to begin the season (of course his name is a concern, IMO he's by far the biggest threat).

When they list the stats of the candidates for comparison, they list HR but not doubles and triples :mad: I wonder if casual fans know that a 2B with plus defense leads the league in doubles and triples

No, casual fans do not know that. They don't even know about steals, on base percentage, or runs scored. Casual fans are the baseball equivalent of single issue voters in a presidential election.

Am I the only one that is mad that Francona made Bradley the DH instead of Huff?

I guess Huff doesn't deserve it, but maybe Huff gets it if its a different manager. Or maybe I am just being a sour homer.

Lol Jason Varitek is an All-Star and Brian Roberts isn't. What a joke of a game this has become.

Hate to say it but apparently the manager can't even make good decisions anymore. Let the sports writers select the all-star teams...seriously.

What's really sad is that somehow the players became part of RSFN and voted for all the Red Sox. The most disappointing thing to me is that Roberts finished behind Pedroia in the player voting. That's a slap in the face.

I thought Pedroia was voted a starter by the fans?

He was, but this year both the first and second finishers in the player voting are guaranteed of making the team whether or not the players agree with the fans. If Roberts isn't on the team he wasn't first or second.

Am I the only one that is mad that Francona made Bradley the DH instead of Huff?

I guess Huff doesn't deserve it, but maybe Huff gets it if its a different manager. Or maybe I am just being a sour homer.

Have you seen Bradley's numbers?!?

Archived