Sun Article: Orioles pitched settlement offers to eliminate cloud of MASN dispute with Nats

jeffstonefan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't even get my hopes up.  

But if they are going up for sale, it wouldn't happen until at least the off season.  We already will need to deal with the GM and Manager situations, as well as holes all over the team.  An ownership sale at the same time would for all intents and purposes destroy any hope of a successful 2019 season.  

That said...it would be worth it.  

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:06 AM, atomic said:

The Orioles should just sue MLB for a billion dollars.  The scheduling and other strong-armed tactics should be reason enough for a suit. 

I agree...The sweet package for MASN was to make the Nats moving into O's "territory" palatable. IMO there was a little wink given to the Nats owner, will take care of the MASN  (Angelos) later. It is later.

Just now, UpstateNYfan said:

I agree...The sweet package for MASN was to make the Nats moving into O's "territory" palatable. IMO there was a little wink given to the Nats owner, will take care of the MASN  (Angelos) later. It is later.

This is my take on the situation too.  I think they should sue MLB too. 

I read the article yesterday and my take is Ole Pete is coming to the end, so they are trying to arrange the transition so as to not lose much with inheritance.  It wasn't specifically mentioned in the article, but it would make sense with estate taxes and other such un-pleasantries.  I have a hard time believing that talks with Nats to resolve the dispute is about preparation for an actual sale of the team... although that would be the dream scenario for me.

1 hour ago, drjohnnyfeva said:

This is my take on the situation too.  I think they should sue MLB too. 

I read the article yesterday and my take is Ole Pete is coming to the end, so they are trying to arrange the transition so as to not lose much with inheritance.  It wasn't specifically mentioned in the article, but it would make sense with estate taxes and other such un-pleasantries.  I have a hard time believing that talks with Nats to resolve the dispute is about preparation for an actual sale of the team... although that would be the dream scenario for me.

What would the Orioles (or Angelos) claim in a lawsuit against MLB, the Commissioner or the other owners?

The RSDC -- presumably under the direction of MLB --  tried to take from the Orioles most of the value of the original MASN deal, and probably will continue to do that. But the Orioles consented to that possibility when they signed the MASN agreement. 

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

What would the Orioles (or Angelos) claim in a lawsuit against MLB, the Commissioner or the other owners?

The RSDC -- presumably under the direction of MLB --  tried to take from the Orioles most of the value of the original MASN deal, and probably will continue to do that. But the Orioles consented to that possibility when they signed the MASN agreement. 

They would have to prove that MLB is "punishing" the Orioles I retaliatory ways such as us bring the only team whose stadium isn't a dump or a shithole to get an All Star game.

Probably difficult to prove.

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

They would have to prove that MLB is "punishing" the Orioles I retaliatory ways such as us bring the only team whose stadium isn't a dump or a shithole to get an All Star game.

Probably difficult to prove.

I don't think that's a real claim. No team has a right to host the A-S Game.

Archived