Olney re: trades - O's are more focused, organized, aggressive, engaged

O's are Legends

Much necessary steps, good news even if it should be the norm.

I can't find the link but a few weeks ago we were reading how the O's were a team other teams had issues dealing with regarding trades (leading back to last season) with something along the lines of Angelos would need to review everything or something like that. I think the Britton trade being nixed by Angelos had given teams issues with dealing with the O's etc

Blah, blah, talk, talk, soin, spin, pr, pr... ...the only metric I care about is action....do something other than getting your folders organized...since you have only known this was coming for about a year and a half. 

Just now, tntoriole said:

Blah, blah, talk, talk, spin, spin, pr, pr... ...the only metric I care about is action....do something other than getting your folders organized...since you have only known this was coming for about a year and a half. 

1 hour ago, O's are Legends said:

Much necessary steps, good news even if it should be the norm.

I can't find the link but a few weeks ago we were reading how the O's were a team other teams had issues dealing with regarding trades (leading back to last season) with something along the lines of Angelos would need to review everything or something like that. I think the Britton trade being nixed by Angelos had given teams issues with dealing with the O's etc

If that's true then Manny should have already been traded. 

7 minutes ago, MrOrange82 said:

Organized, aggressive, engaged, and focused on a DBacks pitching prospect who's dealing with an arm injury.

Yep, sounds about right.

Duplantier is a stud. Injury or not, he'd be a great get in a deal for Manny.

2 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

If that's true then Manny should have already been traded. 

Not true.   You trade him when the market is strongest.   Could be tomorrow, could be July 31.     If Olney thinks we’re focused and well organized and focused, that’s music to my ears.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Not true.   You trade him when the

market is strongest.   Could be tomorrow, could be July 31.     If Olney thinks we’re focused and well organized and focused, that’s music to my ears.  

Amen.

Obviously, you would THINK the earlier the better, but when there is this many teams interested that could use a pick-me-up prior to the deadline what you do is exactly what we're hopefully doing (at least Olney's report makes it promising). You field a bunch of offers and watch teams get desperate to not lose out on a player/let one of their rivals get the guy.

This is a BIG step for the franchise. It's vital we get a strong return for the future of this team. There's no need to rush when we have all the cards.

Archived