Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

30 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I am really glad the Orioles got Diaz. However, I find it odd how the Manny deal was centered around a hittter instead of a pitcher. Does anyone else find that odd as well? Do the Orioles have more of a hitting problem right now instead of a pitching problem? 

Or they actually see that Mancini and Stewart aren't OF. It also means maybe they aren't sold on Austin Hays now. They have some solid pitching prospects. 

6 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I am really glad the Orioles got Diaz. However, I find it odd how the Manny deal was centered around a hittter instead of a pitcher. Does anyone else find that odd as well? Do the Orioles have more of a hitting problem right now instead of a pitching problem? 

I just wanted them to get the best deal they could for Manny.  I don't know how to answer your question. I don't know. 

Easily the pinnacle of my 2018 season. Opening day is now a distant second. Special thanks to the Orioles front office/management, and ownership team for getting this deal done today. I'll miss Manny and his talents, but let the rebuild begin. Lets go after the number one pick!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Manny was the cornerstone player to change the foundation of this team. They had 3 large market teams bidding in him. Teams that will just buy other international prospects. Diaz seems to have a floor of Adam Jones, so he's a good get. But the other pieces like Jones and Brach aren't getting you much more than if it works out a RP or utility type guy. Britton may get you 1 good prospect if a team panics. Hopefully the Braves panic and send us one if their good INF prospects for Britton.

Other than that, unless their trading Gausman or Bundy, Diaz is probably the only guy that has a really good shot to be a above average player.

A floor of Adam Jones is getting damn near a HoF level player.  That’s a floor near the penthouse level.

1 minute ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Bannon is already in A+, so is Pop. Keep them in Frederick at least. 

Right, sorry

Come 2019 with a strong spring, Diaz could be your starting RF in Baltimore.  They'll probably make him wait for the extra year of control.  Kremer could debut in 2019 as well.

Don't want to post yet another Manny thread/poll, but I suspect some extra thanks might be owed Manny (for people who're into that).

It's fair to argue that he should have been traded last winter, but he was also coming off a season in which he hit .259/.310/.471. This year he put himself on pace for career highs in almost every offensive category. 

How much better do people think a trade offer would have been last winter? Probably better, sure. But how much? This deal looks pretty good to me. Possibly great, all things considered.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, brooksfrankjim said:

A floor of Adam Jones is getting damn near a HoF level player.  That’s a floor near the penthouse level.

Im thrilled we got Diaz. And as I find out more about the other players, we may have gotten some sold contributors going forward.

My main point was, don't expect to fill the farm with Jones and Brach. Britton may bring a nice piece, but it won't be what Chapman brought.

I'm ok with the return.

From everything I've been reading Diaz is a potential stud, and among all the names mentioned in trades from MIL, PHI, etc none of them could match Diaz without giving up guys deemed untouchable for a rental.

As for the secondary pieces, like many, I was hoping for May and Lux or at least one of them. Bannon looks intriguing though, especially from a defensive standpoint and could possibly be our future 3B. 

The deal is done now, so we just have to hope Diaz is the real deal and maybe we'll get lucky and get something from the other 4.