Machado to the Dodgers, 5-1 deal

TonySoprano

1 hour ago, utvolzac said:

So we get 1 organizational top 10 prospect and it wasn't even their best guy.  I just threw up in my mouth.

Sorry you threw up in your mouth. Yuck.  I just hope these guys work out for the O's. You can never tell. One of these guys could become a top player. 

10 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

To me, this return seems better than the tejada trade. And how does Diaz compare to Adam Jones? Obviously Seattle trade was better, but Bedard had more time left. 

I wonder what the return would have been if we had traded Manny with more months of control left?  The current vibe seems very youth/cost controlled oriented.  There has to be diminishing returns in how much potential cost controlled talent you can extract in exchange for  existing cost controlled mega talent. I suspect we could have gotten a "little" more, but could we have gotten earth shatteringly more?

I'm glad the main piece is a position player. I have no confidence in this organization developing young starting pitching, and the top priority should be OF defense and OBP which seems to be something Diaz can help with. Now they need to get some plus defensive middle infielders with the remaining trades

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Depending on how things go Manny might be taking Turner’s job next season. 

Yes, I know that. My entire post was trying to convey that he's at a point in his career where he's not going to worry about that - he wants a ring. Dude is nearly done as is.

21 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I am really glad the Orioles got Diaz. However, I find it odd how the Manny deal was centered around a hittter instead of a pitcher. Does anyone else find that odd as well? Do the Orioles have more of a hitting problem right now instead of a pitching problem? 

One good thing is he could sign long term in LA. No stinking Yankees or BoSox. 

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Given how valuable good relief pitchers ultimately become (look at what Britton has done for us, and what other top-flight relievers often bring back in trades), there's no shame in landing a guy that's already destined for that role in this deal. He could be a big piece.