Orioles to be more active in International Free Agent Market

NCRaven

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I can't explain the Phillies deal, either, but I don't understand that it was done as a favor to make up for the Jones trade,. Everyone knew that Adam had the right to refuse to be traded, so I don't understand how his decision to exercise that right created any expectation that the Orioles owed the Phillies a favor. Just doesn't make sense to me.  

Makes more sense than paying 750K in slot money for Jack. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

That also tells me that even with the Orioles having more money, they'd rather not play here.   Therefore, getting more money, or having the Zoellner money back, wouldn't help.

They could rather not but still choose to due to financial reasons.  Nelson Cruz didn't want to play in Seattle.  Sabathia didn't want to play in New York, Price didn't want to play in Boston.

3 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

The Gausman trade will go down as one of the worst deals ever if we don't do something with that international money.

In my book it was one of the best. Gausman was never a top pitcher for the O's. Sometimes crap happens. You can't always get what you want. Maybe they don't want to play for the O's. And maybe the O's representives are Dolts. Maybe they are inadequate at doing their  job. 

3 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

In my book it was one of the best. Gausman was never a top pitcher for the O's. Sometimes crap happens. You can't always get what you want. Maybe they don't want to play for the O's. And maybe the O's representives are Dolts. Maybe they are inadequate at doing their  job. 

Sorry don't mean to be pulling your chain.

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They could rather not but still choose to due to financial reasons.  Nelson Cruz didn't want to play in Seattle.  Sabathia didn't want to play in New York, Price didn't want to play in Boston.

It has been reported that the Marlins were close to the Orioles in money, and perhaps this latest deal puts them ahead.  Why give the Marlins the opportunity to raise more money instead of taking what the Orioles already had?

On the bright side, all these players the Marlins are trading away aren't exactly chopped liver....well if your definition of chopped liver is Jack Zoellner.

Apparently the Marlins signed the 17 year old Adonis Giron last year for 350K, and the combined haul for Adonis and Brayan De Paula is reported to have been $500K

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/10/16/17983966/marlins-trade-adonis-giron-brayan-de-paula-astros-international-bonus-pool-space-victor-victor-mesa

Archived