Renato Nunez the likely Machado replacement

ISU94

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why Tillman wouldn't just stay down in the minors if he wants to keep playing. It's not like he can go free agency and get picked up by a major league team. He might end up being a good mentor for the youngsters coming up and maybe even transition into coaching eventually.

12 minutes ago, vab said:

I don't know why Tillman wouldn't just stay down in the minors if he wants to keep playing. It's not like he can go free agency and get picked up by a major league team. He might end up being a good mentor for the youngsters coming up and maybe even transition into coaching eventually.

Exactly, I'd take the paycheck. If the literal worst team in baseball won't call you up for a start, why would any other team?

1 hour ago, vab said:

What's happened to his power? I know Harbor Park is a pitcher's park but he's not playing all his games there.

.914 OPS on the road this year, .611 at home.  Slugging .515 away, .311 at home.  Now some of that includes his time in the Texas system - I don't know how to remove that from the results, I'm sure others do - but the bulk of those results are from his time here.  Harbor Park is a killer on our hitters (and should be kept in mind as we evaluate our pitchers as well).

19 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I''m not expecting him at 3B. I think he'll platoon there.

He and Valencia are both righty. How does a platoon make sense? You mean with Peterson?

I see Valencia as the starter as long as he is a potential trade candidate.

13 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He and Valencia are both righty. How does a platoon make sense? You mean with Peterson?

I see Valencia as the starter as long as he is a potential trade candidate.

There will be times when Valencia is in RF v LHP they can play Nunez at 3B.  

Archived