Zach Britton Appreciation Thread

TonySoprano

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Greg said:

Poor Britton he got rocked again today.

I'm watching the game and wouldn't say he got rocked, he got 2 outs, gave up a infield hit to Choo, Odor hit a sharp single to right followed by a walk to Andrus and then a walk to Beltre. The 2nd run came in when Betances balked. He wasn't sharp with 2 outs but wouldn't call that getting rocked.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Costing himself lots of money.

Always sell high on relief pitchers.

This times 1000.  I know they were still in their competitive window after 2017, but they would've gotten a king's ransom for two years of control of arguably the best reliever in baseball at the time.

1 minute ago, O's are Legends said:

I'm watching the game and wouldn't say he got rocked, he got 2 outs, gave up a infield hit to Choo, Odor hit a sharp single to right followed by a walk to Andrus and then a walk to Beltre. The 2nd run came in when Betances balked. He wasn't sharp with 2 outs but wouldn't call that getting rocked.

I saw Britton pitch today and agree completely. He wasn't spiking the ball or throwing it all over the place, just was a little off on the walks. The IF hit with two outs was a little squibber. The single was hit solidly.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I would have fielded offers on Britton after his historic 2016 season.

That's what I meant, after 2016.  Not 2017.  I'm pretty pleased with what we got in July compared to what we could've gotten in winter 2017/18.

Archived