Zach Britton Appreciation Thread

TonySoprano

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Zach has not been the same going on 2 years. He’s about to find out really fast that he’s not in Baltimore anymore.

In terms of value-for-player, the Orioles got best returns for Britton among all their deadline deals.  I'm confident in that.

Thanks for that little hot streak Zach!  ;)

16 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Zach has not been the same going on 2 years. He’s about to find out really fast that he’s not in Baltimore anymore.

For those who didn't see it, looks like he pitched an inning and blew a save by giving up a 2 run dong. 

Sad because I like the guy, but man, that trade looks like a flat out steal. ZB is broken, expensive, and not under control for 2019. Lol @ nyy

On 7/26/2018 at 5:39 AM, Frobby said:

I think this is very tough on Buck, seeing the players he coached to great success either deteriorate or leave the organization.   Weaver said he quit in part because he didn’t like telling players who’d helped him have success and who had been great teammates that they were washed up.    I think Buck finds that hard and he sometimes shades his evaluations of his players because of it.    

Father Time is unforgiving. 

On 7/24/2018 at 11:25 PM, atomic said:

Disappointing return for a guy who was best reliever in baseball for two straight seasons who seemed to have regained his stuff and was pitching well.  If we waited and Britton continued to pitch well we would have gotten more.  And to the Yankees just rubs salt in the wounds. Plus these guys are old for their levels.  Sorry don't see this trade as a positive at all. 

@atomic take on the Britton trade.

That truly remarkable pitch he had in his miiracle year is almost clearly a fluke of nature.  For whatever reason he has never repicated that pitch and clearly just can’t.  Tiger Woods could do things very differently when he was a god of golf but now cannot replicate that type of once in a blue moon performance.  It doesn’t mean he can’t still pitch in a bullpen adequately, he just will never be what he was again.   And our deal will look better with each BS. 

Cringed during Britton's last few appearances for us. Yeah he had a nice scoreless streak but always felt like an implosion waiting to happen and the stuff just wasn't the same. Really perfect timing moving Britton .. and Schoop as well. BTW Schoop has more errors (4) than hits (3) and got benched today.

For me it's not so much about us coming out ahead on a deal, although that stuff is nice to think about.  I've got nothing against the Brewers, I hope they do well and Schoop is a good player for them.   I want Schoop to have a good career.

Britton...well, I'm not complaining if he blows saves for the Yankees.  I hope he does well next year wherever he is (as long as it's not in the East).

More concerned about with the guys that we got back and how they develop.  Schoop in Milwaukee doesn't have any bearing on us, Britton in NY for a few months doesn't really, either.  The only thing that matters is what we got back.

I agree with @Finisher though, when Britton came back it felt like he could implode.  

Archived